The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Does anyone still use dynamic url?

temi

affiliate
I could be wrong but using static (SEO friendly) urls in applications seem to the the standard coding method this days as oppose to a few years back when most applications are created using dynamic non SEO friendly url.

I try to stay away from non mod_rewriten URL's if possible and also make them as short as I can...

I use dynamic URLs for the CMS part of sites. I do however set strict rules for myself to keep things within reasonable bounds. Norm of 2 variables with a Max of 3 variables and they must be simple.

Eaxample:
mysite.co.uk/gallery.php?prduct=widget&colour=red
mysite.co.uk/gallery.php?prduct=widget&colour=red&size=medium

This type of relatively simple URL is IMO fine for the major search engines and I have no problem getting pages with URLs structured like this indexed and performing very well position wise.

I always utilize the possibilities which is provided by the mod rewrite apache module. I think most of the developers tend to code their scripts to offer maximum benefit for the end user, and i belive the seo friendly, talkative URLs are a base demand in many cases. Otherwise i don't think that anybody would spend time to develop a solution for windows server to use the URL rewrite, but it is already exist:)

MI
Back