The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Does anyone know what a Twitter Spam Cloud is?

DrMarie

affiliate
I started a Twitter account for my new niche and after two tweets my account was suspended for suspicious activity. I sent in a request to be reinstated and they did and told me I was caught up in a Twitter Spam Cloud?

I can't find anywhere on the web what this is? Anyone know?

Yeah, when I googled it I got a lot of posts of people saying that their accounts were suspended and that they got caught up in a spam cloud but what the heck is a spam cloud?

From what I can figure out, if twitter thinks someone is spamming they shut down that account and any accounts associated with it. I had just signed up, and tweeted twice and had 10 followers from those tweets. I'm guessing one of those followers was a spammer.

That sounds strange. Maybe your posts contrained what twitter considers spam words? like free... or bonus... stuff like that. Or... you didn't log on often? Or maybe you didn't fill profile details?

Hope it won't happen again (with the new account).

Yeah, when I googled it I got a lot of posts of people saying that their accounts were suspended and that they got caught up in a spam cloud but what the heck is a spam cloud?

From what I can figure out, if twitter thinks someone is spamming they shut down that account and any accounts associated with it. I had just signed up, and tweeted twice and had 10 followers from those tweets. I'm guessing one of those followers was a spammer.

With all due respect, what is defined as spam now days? I find it being used agaist basically people who ever sees fit, for the most devious reasons. Inocent people are beginning to be marked as spammers. It gets political and silly after a while. Certain accusations are actually blind madness. Even some of these capcha things designed to trap robots are so difficult to read that humans can't even figure out what they say. People are really worried about protecting themselve from the Boogy Man Robots.

MI
Back