The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Does anyone here Twitter?

I love twitter. It's allowing me to stay in touch with a lot of friends that I wouldn't normally email or call. Just a little tweet once a day and we all stay connected.

I agree with Nelle.

I'm not addicted to Twitter like some who seem to want to tell everything they do all day long, but I do like to skim through it and see what others are doing.

It's really great at Affiliate Summit where we can all keep in touch and know what all is going on. Some merchants/affiliate managers even give away prizes using twitter at the event. Lots of fun.

Thanks for the input guys. I've been hearing great things about the affiliate summit and plan of attending the conference in NY this August. Are any of you going?
:cool:

Yup, I certainly Tweet ;)

I can keep my followers updated on the web sites, follow and converse with other people who share my interests and just enjoy dropping some goofy information to entertain. My addy is Twitter / OregonCoastGuy if you want to hit me up.

Regards,

Tony Thomas

Use Twitter Search to find other people with your own interests. Twitter Search

Since my two main sites are about the Oregon Coast and Portland Oregon, I tend to follow a lot of people who live in my area.

When they Tweet, sometimes they talk about great places or things they are doing in the areas. It presents me new ideas for pages. There are a lot of ways to use Twitter.

Above all, have fun! ;)

Tony

It is a great way to search for people. I know a guy in real estate that searched for his city name and "apartments" and found all sorts of leads to rent to.

Yeah, Twitter is one of the best to stay in touch with all of your friends by just simply posting a line of update to your circle of friends..Here you can follow you neighbors and vice-versa, thanks for sharing guys...

If you are a network rep, it's a free marketing tool to announce your program. If you are an affiliate, it's a free way to get more traffic to your site.
I use an application called TwitterFox as well as Tweetdeck to keep everything organized and I don't check public timeline. It's a great way to network with people and very useful during any conferences to meet up with people. I love Twitter :)

I heart Twitter!

I found Linda over there last week and was so happy I was in full freak-out. My favorite forum + my favorite ap of all time = big, big fun.

If you (no, WHEN you) get to tweetin,' I recommend either Tweet Deck (works w/ Adobe air-instructions and download link are right on the page I linked to) or Twhirl(which I see has also been upgraded to run on Adobe Air as well). Tweet Deck is big and bad and tough (usually), but I think, now that I switched for good after using Twhirl for awhile, that it may act up more than Twhirl did (since it's so tiny and cute).

Twhirl has one advantage in that you can add other accounts such as:
  • Friendfeed
  • identi.ca
  • seesmic
  • laconi.ca

But yes, Twitter=awesome.

Just don't try to do the traditional "marketer stuff" here of all places (really, ANY SM places, but especially here) or you'll be run out on a rickshaw.

Have fun!

Sheree

It was great to see you on Twitter Sheree. I don't use Twitter as much as I should and don't even remember if I got back with you but thanks for the sweet Tweet!

MI
Back