The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Do you known how to recruit quality affliates for furniture websites?

Hertz Furniture

affiliate
Hello All,

I am affiliate manager of HertzFurniture.com

We have set up Affliate program the privileges and benefits will include:

6% Commissions
90 Day Cookies
Free Data Feed
Special Affiliate Deals
Additional Marketing Materials

They will also receive an $8 sign-up incentive,and an $8 first-order bonus after we confirm the first order coming from their sites.

We have sent emails to those potential affliates for several times. But till now, only a few of them replied.

Please give some suggestions! What is the best way to recruit more and more affliates?

Thank you.

A big problem would be because you are trying to attract members by the use of spam. That makes people angry because they see so much of it and most people are tired of it and hate it. That is why you aren't getting many to reply and you won't. That isn't the way to attract potential affiliates.

You might want to read some of the threads here in this Merchant & Affiliate Manager Forum. There are several related to getting affiliates.

I'm siding with Larwee on that spam issue -- big, big no-no. Also, I would offer a higher commission; at least 10 percent. Six isn't a big incentive for anything, really.

Recruiting new affiliates is something I like as it is great meeting new people. I am not sure of your approach or what type of affiliates you have targeted but when recruiting you need to stick to popular industry specific keywords and have a relevant personalised message.

Larwee and fitnfree are right. There is nothing worse than receiving an email to join affiliate program X when you are an affiliate promoting B.

The last tip for recruitment is put your personality in the email. The more of you put in the email the more likely a response.

Agree with everything said.

On top of that affiliates are NOTORIOUS for not reading email - even email from their existing partnerships. Plus the good ones get hit with tons of email offers all the time so mainly ignore them.

Actually commission depends on the market and for higher ticket items like furniture 6% isnt terrible.
Many pay 4-5% and some pay 8%.

But she's right, the higher the better.

One of your best options is to do pay per click for very specific terms
like "furniture affiliate program" and "home and garden affiliate program".

Ok, so we all agree on that affiliates don't read e-mails and the spam problem. What else is there? I can hardly find phone numbers or physical addresses available.

If you CAN find addresses Shawn has mentioned he did pretty well mailing post cards. Other AMs have said they like the phone. Then of course there are forums and blogs.

What about conferences? You didn't mentioned them, so meeting a few important affiliates could help enough?

Oh yes, conferences are great. They just don't happen that often, at least conferences that are mainly geared toward affiliates - like the Summit. So I was thinking more about the on-going recruiting methods. But that is a good point!

We're also sending invitation email to affiliates especially to non-active ones. When can you say then that your emailing activity is spamming or not?

After attending my first conference (Affiliate Summit East) in Miami this summer and I agree that they are a great way to meet affiliates. :)

It helps you establish a better relationship with the ones you are already working with, and form new relationships with others that you might not be able to reach through conventional recruitment methods.

banners
Back