Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Not Yet

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

azgold

Administrator
Administrator
Dojo Master
I read an article this morning on BusinessInsider about downloading facebook data.

The author, Biz Carson, claims that you get everything - everything - all your photos and videos complete with meta data and other info, people you unfriended, your peer group, ad topics, and even your facial recognition data!

No, you can't tell who unfriended you. :)

I found it of special interest that fb lumps you into a peer group and decides which ad topics you're interested in. I was wondering if that's useful, especially to you guys who have multiple accounts.

So, do you download your data? Are you able to glean any information that helps you increase your marketing?

A definitely NOPE from me, since I won't have any advertising or marketing advantages by my own data - except I'd target myself what I only do in the morning at the bathroom mirror,
but that in turn fb doesn't know :D

A definitely NOPE from me, since I won't have any advertising or marketing advantages by my own data - except I'd target myself what I only do in the morning at the bathroom mirror,
but that in turn fb doesn't know :D

Haha! They will now, I'm going to tell them. :D

Do they lump you in the right peer group? The one you want following you?

Would people with multiple accounts download their data for record keeping, reference, that sort of thing?

Would people with multiple accounts download their data for record keeping, reference, that sort of thing?
I don't know, but I for myself wouldn't do it. Since I know my own data, there's simply no reason for it. And as a white hat on a white horse :rolleyes: I don't need it for reference purposes.

Do they lump you in the right peer group? The one you want following you?
At least in in thematic related groups. Facebook has enough data to find the fitting people.
Data protectionists are screaming against it, but for businesses it's an advantage, it allows "laser-targeting".
Whatever one does, some people, friends and family, neighbors etc. know about it. I have no problem with it, if Facebook knows it, too...

Haha! They will now, I'm going to tell them. :D
Gotcha. Fixleaks, eh :D

I have never downloaded my facebook data. The reason being I have never been convinced enough on how that will help my account. However, when i come across a person who is will to explain in details what the facebook data will help me especially with my marketing tasks, then I can start looking towards that direction. Otherwise for now I am still open to not downloading.

I have never downloaded my facebook data. The reason being I have never been convinced enough on how that will help my account. However, when i come across a person who is will to explain in details what the facebook data will help me especially with my marketing tasks, then I can start looking towards that direction. Otherwise for now I am still open to not downloading.

Unless you're juggling multiple accounts, you probably don't need to. If I was juggling accounts, I'd never remember stuff about each account. I'd need something to refer to. :)

On another note, I find it interesting (scary) that they have your facial recognition data.

MI
Back