The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Do you agree ? Mobile is overtaking Desktop these days ?

Hi Wadiwala, my name is Craig, little introduction for you there... and this is my very first actual post here so I shall make it a good one for you haha

So you wanna see mobile stats ey or at least see how they compare? WELL..... If you already have traffic, Google Analytics tells you tons about this stuff :)
(Go to GA and click the “Reporting” tab and then: Audience > Mobile > Overview). There's all kinds of pie charts to show you in real time or over a defined time period. It's worth mentioning in case you would like to see for yourself. If you don't have traffic then never mind on that one.

To answer your question though Mobile is HUGE. (How do i make that huge font even bigger haha)

More and more websites are now seen via phone screens instead of desktops. [FACT]

There's a research company I read about a few weeks ago, I do like nerding out on this stuff from time to time you see, it's fascinating, I'll try and find it to reference for you. I think they're called stat counter, who track internet usage across 2.5m websites, and they said something like 51% of pages or so were loaded on mobiles, the first time they have surpassed desktop and laptops I think that was 2015/2016 so obviously increased since then.

It was around or just less than 5% of all traffic was mobile in 2010 haha so you can see how fast it has grown this far even just to 2016 at 51%, just overtaking PC's and now in 2017 likely even higher.

So 'Wadiwala... With the growth of high-speed mobby networks, superfast phones (I am an ANDROID man myself) and love the speed of the S8+..... anyway off topic.... basically phones have become many people’s most important, or only, computer these days, it's where i spend most of my 'geek' time too I'm sure there's plenty of Fix members who are the same.

Even Google, has seen the value of advertising clicks go right down because of mobiles rising from the Nokia 3310 zombie pit and into high end pc like performance on mobiles, they also said last year that searches on mobile had overtaken those on the desktop. (Which adds up to what stat counter noticed) Total spending on mobile ads here in Britain took over the PC in the first half of this year.

PC sales have also fallen with gravity, in the last 2 years MASSIVELY.

So in answer to your question the short answer...

Mobile is to a Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder...
As PC is to a turtle riding a bike.

:)

Last edited:
MI
Back