The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Do traffic networks stop traffic when server is down?

Traste

Hi,

I'm about to launch my first campaign. I have a pretty decent VPS for my landers, but still...

In case my server goes down, I can lose money because my traffic campaign still runs. So, how you usually deal with this? I use Pingdom and Uptimerobot for that purpose, but sometimes you're can't pause the campaigns right away.

Do traffic networks usually pause the campaign if the server is down? Does it depend on the network? For PPC (Adwords) I know there's some scripts that monitor your URLs and pause the campaigns, but I don't know if we can find something similar for traffic networks.

Thanks!

Matt Cutts Said:
“Sometimes temporarily down pages turn into truly-gone-forever pages, so we have to drop those pages at some point. But it’s also true that we go back and revisit those pages pretty often and try to recrawl them in case the site comes back up.”

Matt Cutts Said:
“Sometimes temporarily down pages turn into truly-gone-forever pages, so we have to drop those pages at some point. But it’s also true that we go back and revisit those pages pretty often and try to recrawl them in case the site comes back up.”

I swear I'm trying hard, but I can't see the connection with what I asked :-/ This is not a SEO related question. Thank, though

Hi,

I'm about to launch my first campaign. I have a pretty decent VPS for my landers, but still...

In case my server goes down, I can lose money because my traffic campaign still runs. So, how you usually deal with this? I use Pingdom and Uptimerobot for that purpose, but sometimes you're can't pause the campaigns right away.

Do traffic networks usually pause the campaign if the server is down? Does it depend on the network? For PPC (Adwords) I know there's some scripts that monitor your URLs and pause the campaigns, but I don't know if we can find something similar for traffic networks.

Thanks!

That's why you should use a CDN for landers. It offers better speeds and the server never goes down. But it can be only used for HTML landing pages.
Optimize PageSpeed of Affiliate Landing Pages with a CDN

Nah they don't stop traffic usually if your server goes down overnight or something. However they will eventually stop the traffic after a few days. For example, my server went down for a couple of hours last night but I can see from the stats on my traffic provider that the traffic kept being sent while it was down.

banners
Back