The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Directory Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

savantcreative

affiliate
I have submitted to many many free directories that only PR4 or higher this year. I just can't get into DMOZ and I have a hard time swallowing paying Yahoo $299. Does anybody have any good suggestions?
Thanks

A what kind of positive change you wait for DMOZ on the case of being found?

Since they have a PR of 8, if you agree with the statements earlier about the effects of a link from a high PR site, that should cause a PR of 5 or so on the site.

According to me for it that from a given side shows single tall PR value onto the other side, tall PR is not needed yet with a value to provide. This was in this manner early, but I noticed it this changed. This does not burn already in this manner to the happiness unfortunately.

He does not have a sense really. The google changed much on the idea of his that PR is a value present. Reports nothing really, at worst in the indexing and appears to it on his velocity. Next PR refreshing I relate my experiences then in greater detail.

Last edited:
DMOZ is not as important as it used to be so it's a case of fire and forget. Yahoo! is not as good as it once was. I would rather use that money to buy quality links within you're sector.

Or Buisness.com

KP

Now a days, listing on a single web directory won't make much difference to your site's SERP rankings, doesn't matter if the directory in question is dmoz or yahoo. Submit your site to dmoz once and forget about it. Concentrate on other ways to get backlinks to your site.

Last edited:
Wouldnt worry about it mate, most of my sites are in DMOZ and it hasnt made an inch of a difference, and next to no traffic, i think one of my sites in the year its been listed has got around 30 hits from Dmoz

Dmoz takes time.

Dmoz take lot of time in approving a site.

You must read its guidelines carefully before submitting.

For $300 - take the time out and work on your site, add content, get some writers if you don't have the time or submit to UK One directory in our footer at a fraction of the cost :D

es you can spread around to nice and quality directories that suitsyour niche that will benefit your site more,but if you have a big budget you can do both and also pay to get in dmoz(dont ask me how,i still havent found ;) )

you say "DMOZ is a PR8" but you are talking about the home page PR value. .

Pr = PAGE rank, not SITE rank, the Pr of the home page is of little interest, it is the PR value of the ANCHOR page that you should consider.

Anyhow as has been stated, PR is of very little value unless you are buying it to sell it, which pisses me off no end as it is killing the web with billions of shite sites set up to create and channell PaR

[rant over ] :D

which pisses me off no end as it is killing the web with billions of shite sites set up to create and channel PR

Ya, it stinks for sure. You'd think if people want to make money, they would set up a decent idea and quit with this directory PR selling junk.

They won't make any money with directories, it's ain't about links, nor serps and definetely NOT PR. Much more is needed to make directories work, besides tons of throw-away cash. :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
banners
Back