The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

direct linking

If you can generate commissions and a positive return by only direct linking, awesome. While merchant landing pages are improving, they're still not typically all that great – poor design, poor structure, too many holes in the funnel, etc.

I think it's better to take some time to build out a strategy/funnel.

Are you promoting the type of offer where someone will likely buy quickly or will you have to retarget them? You won't be able to use retargeting if you're direct linking.

You also won't be able to use lead generation and re-market to them via email, which I find is especially important if you're promoting a complex or expensive offer.

If you're direct linking, you're throwing all your eggs into one basket and banking on the prospect buying before the merchant's cookie expires (if they even have one).

I'm a new guy so I don't really know what I am doing. I just started fooling around with 7Search and Tonic to see what would happen. I also learned how to track using TrackingDesk. Now I am putting banners on websites using BuySellAds. All of this has been slow going because this is the learning phase.

Somehow I need to find an offer that where my EPC is greater than my cost per click.

I use 2nd tier PPC engines and everyone says to step up to Bing and Adwords but at my level I can find no offers that would have any chance of being profitable.

How can I run a campaign that pays out $2 but has an Adwords cost of $4 per keyword. Its impossible. So I have to figure out how to make 2nd tier PPC work so that I can establish a history with my CPA network and then can be allowed to run better offers. Currently I am only able to run offers that require no approval.

Everyone who is running affiliate campaigns started out where I am so somehow this is possible.

Do you think I should just find an offer that pays more than the KWs cost and step up to Yahoo or Bing? I need to find a way to move forward.

How do I build a landing page for a survery offer that is an email submit? To me it would seem to be a barrier, to put a LP in between the ad and the final offer. (on the other hand, I paid just shy of 5 dollars to get one 1.30 conversion with Bing) (I was doing better with 7search traffic than I am with Bing) I need to optimize this campaign somehow.

Bing won't tell me which KWs are converting. Only how many clicks. Do they have tracking that will tell me who converts or should I go to Clickmagick for something like that. I say Clickmagick because it seems to be the least expensive option

Last edited:
banners
Back