The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Deep Linking?

Christina098red

affiliate
I know-- this is such a newbie question, but I have to ask... ;)

I signed up for CJ and was approved for a program that I am super excited about. I published a couple of banners on my page, very easy. Now I am looking at how to deep link. The program emailed me a link to the html code for deep linking... I simply just don't know what to do with it! lol! In beginner language, can anyone please explain the process?

Thank you in advance!

Christina

It says: (xxxx in place of website name--trying not to break any forum rules)

XXXX Deep Link
Get Html
(Use this link to create a link to a specific page or product on xxxx.com)

It says: (???? in place of website name--trying not to break any forum rules)

???? Deep Link
Get Html
(Use this link to create a link to a specific page or product on ???? .com)

When I click on the link it takes me to CJ and provides a very long html code

OK. That's all about linking to individual internal (product) pages on your website rather than to your home page.

You need to insert that in links from your home page, or in emails to subscribed visitors, or for people who have agreed to link to you, etc., that sort of thing.

Well actually I think that's a deep affiliate link to the merchant's product page not to her site. Typically or at least in the old days merchants would just give a banner or link to their home page. "Click here to buy Luggage at Irvs Luggage!"

Deep links direct to specific product pages. "Buy this teal suitcase here" and link direct to the product. I have not been inside CJ for years but remember seeing those. Just don't remember exactly. But I do remember CJ's help being pretty good.

But technically isn't it just like a regular link and you just add it to your page like any other link?

Christina,

A lot of times the banners and links that are provided only link to the category page. For example, the affiliate link may just go to their hiking gear page. With deep linking you can do specific links to hiking boots, hiking socks, walking sticks, whatever you want.

We promote deep linking at all of our affiliate programs and provide some instructions at our blog which should help you with about many programs .

Ron,

Thank you for the reply, that is exactly what I was referring to. I have to affiliate companies that I am trying to use. One of them gave me a direct link for deep linking and the other says they allow deep links, but did not provide a link to use.

All I would like to do is have a specific word/s like "Check out these WOOL SOCKS" and link from wool socks to the product page. I am not looking to put the product information onto my webpage...just the link to the proudct. If I haven't explained this well enough, please take a look at my page, as I have lots of hyperlinks directing to products--they are just not associated with my affiliate account, yet.

I was able to directly link to a product, but the link code I was given to use took up a lot of space with a photo and long product description--which is not what I am trying to do.

Thank you for all your help so far...you guys are great!

-Chrsitina

Everyone-- Thank you for the replies! Now that I know how to do it, it's kinda easy! :) I have updated just about every link on my page and am up and running!

Thank you!!

MI
Back