The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Dedicated server wanted

temi

affiliate
This forum seem to have outgrown its shared web hosting space, I am looking to move it to a dedicated server. I used to hire dedicated server from Ev1server but now that Ev1 has been taken over by The Planet I am not keep about leasing from them any more, support from The Planet is VERY VERY poor.
Is there any dedicated server provider out there people can recommend? I am not keen on hiring from small firm as they tend to go out of business and leave you stranded.

In the past three weeks now, this forum goes offline for a short period every day, I investigated and its because Apache shuts down dues to a lot of request, mostly generated by this site.
There server is also shared with over 100 other sites, since I do not want to move it every few months, I will prefer to move to a dedicated server, its far too much for this forum at present but I am confident it will grow into it.
BTW, who or what is Clook?

Yeah they are actually Canadian I believe but have servers all over Canada/USA.

I don't think they do Temi.

That is the only downfall to SL unfortunately.

KP

Softlayer are ACE!

KP recommended them to me for our large project dedicated server on ASP. their service is superb, backup superb, speed superb.

That is excellent, I suppose webmaster tool has taken care of the geo location problem that used to occur in SERPs when a site is not hosted in UK.

That is excellent, I suppose webmaster tool has taken care of the geo location problem that used to occur in SERPs when a site is not hosted in UK.

The site is our project, we have as our partners the Welsh Assembly Government, the Forestry commission, national trust, Cadw (the welsh national monument & heritage body), RSPB, to name a few, so we will have multiple deep backlinks from all of those sites.

Geo location is ABSOLUTELY not going to be an issue LOL

The prices at softlayer seem too good to be true - try getting some of those options from Rackspace and you'll be paying megabuck. Cisco ASA for $50 per month is great value and the backup and nas are also really reasonable.

The prices at softlayer seem too good to be true - try getting some of those options from Rackspace and you'll be paying megabuck. Cisco ASA for $50 per month is great value and the backup and nas are also really reasonable.

AND, if you chat via the live chat link, they will offer you a deal. I got the drives upgraded to twin 250gig drives, and also the ram up to 8gb for free.

Temi, take my advice and insist on a UK located server. As you are using a .com you will be at a dissadvantage for UK originating searches in spite of all you hear, this is still a major factor.

You could also look at VPS or Semi-dedicated servers from "Web Hosting UK"
UK Located, Good Live online support, Cheaper than Dedicated Server.
Most important, "Does what it says on the tin".

Risking repeating myself here, but I can't emphasise enough, UK Location is so very important with .com targetted at UK derived searches. I recently had a host switch servers from UK location to the USA without informing me. ALL .com sites nosedived for UK SERPs, but the .co.uk sites were not affected.

Hi there, I can offer you dedicated server packages if you tell me your ideal specs. We are UK based and have great support.

Check out Web Host Chat - The Web Hosting Forum , lots of UK hosts on there :)

*+spam rating on me hehe sorry

;D a post on there will undoubtedly result in a deluge of quotes, offers, opinions, comments and a little fun :)

Just pop a post in the 'Request for Products and Services' section and you'll have more offers than you've had hot dinners!

MI
Back