“Adavice”/  “1Win

Dealing with bots while optimization

PureLander

Affiliate Manager
Affiliate Manager
Service Manager
AffKit Ninja
PureLander
I'm running a mobile offer, my tracker marked about +30% as bots .. WELL Yeaah! They're not the only reason if my campaign won't be profitable.. but before anticipating things.. I still have to pay for them .. that possess the budget quickly....
Confused Funny Face GIF

So, I wanted to discuss this with members here, What are the tricks you do to fight bots??
We have to block them in the traffic source, checking the variables to know where they come from .. There's another way I came across once .. by using some hidden link/layout in the landing page .. What else? Recaptcha? Some costume code? Is there a tracker that can determine them better?
Maybe I just have to use many custom conversions and make my own determinations ..

- Samira

Lower your bid the 30% unless you can absorb the costs of trash traffic.
I doubt any tracker is that good your trash traffic is maybe a lot more.
Run your traffic through www.adscore.com traffic that is bots, proxy and ad block will not redirect.

Also anything less than the last 2 versions of chrome is low quality or just trash --real peoples browsers auto update now.

I'm bidding at 70-80% .. Am I just learning slowly, or is it not easy to know the exact rule to set the percentage of the offer for CPM bid
Bidding less in high volume places will reduce the volume .. I'll get enough to make a decent profit, right?
Maybe I'd run it for a day or two and see how it impacts the campaign before deciding to low the bid ..

- Samira

I use the siteID token and log all the entries and landing page click through
Bash:
grep '11/Nov/2021:1[4-5]'  ../../../logs/access.log|\
grep ' 302 '  | grep 'a=1002T2-200'  | cut -d'=' -f3 |
cut -d' ' -f1 |sort|uniq -c|sort -nr|less

###example return
156 597100
44 562467
37 458242
4 526714
3 1002T2-200&cid
2 548699
2 1002T2-200&scc

#####################
597100 is a siteID
in this case 302 means BAD BOT
so do a count of ' 200 ' to get GOOD TRAFFIC

1581 597100
24 548699
13 562467
10 458242
7 632586
3 1002T2-200&scc

the find the % of bad/good <MATH

grep '[datetime]'  ../../../logs/access.log|\
grep ' [response_code] '  | grep '[siteid={token used}]'  | cut -d'=' -f?? |
cut -d' ' -f?? |sort|uniq -c|sort -nr|less

Last edited:
Lower your bid the 30% unless you can absorb the costs of trash traffic.
I doubt any tracker is that good your trash traffic is maybe a lot more.
Run your traffic through www.adscore.com traffic that is bots, proxy and ad block will not redirect.

Also anything less than the last 2 versions of chrome is low quality or just trash --real peoples browsers auto update now.
I joined up with Adscore will try running my traffic through them using redirect to my lander.

I'm running a mobile offer, my tracker marked about +30% as bots .. WELL Yeaah! They're not the only reason if my campaign won't be profitable.. but before anticipating things.. I still have to pay for them .. that possess the budget quickly....
Confused Funny Face GIF

So, I wanted to discuss this with members here, What are the tricks you do to fight bots??
We have to block them in the traffic source, checking the variables to know where they come from .. There's another way I came across once .. by using some hidden link/layout in the landing page .. What else? Recaptcha? Some costume code? Is there a tracker that can determine them better?
Maybe I just have to use many custom conversions and make my own determinations ..

- Samira
You could try to use ReCaptcha, it can be somewhat annoying to users but it would help you lower bot traffic. Personally, wasn't able to find some good trackers for this, but maybe I didn't research enough. It's really frustrating sometimes when you can't get the real traffic and get only valid results.

It depends on who the traffic is from, how your are sorting in the network's options and whither your sort options are even followed :O
Select the newest browser version and if that option does not exist; the traffic is of low quality probably from RTB remnants.

MI
Back