The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Cuil: Bing and Google compared

D

djbaxter

Cuil.com has a recent article titled, So How Is Bing Doing?, in which they look at several comparisons between Bing and Google (and a few that include Yahoo!).

Some major points:

1. Bing overlaps Google too much.
  2. Bing is pretty close to Google (and Yahoo) on ranking.
  3. Spam in search results: Bing 2.9%; Google 2.56%; Yahoo 4.9%.
  4. Bing results seem to prefers keywords in the URL.
  5. Bing seems to prefer pages where the term occurs with its first letter capitalized.
  6. Bing returns results for the search term YOU enter instead of what they THINK you meant to enter, the way Google does. Bing also replaces titles in URLs listed in the search result less frequently than does Google.
  7. Bing?s "page popularity" measure is different from Google?s PageRank.

Read the full article

Thanks for the article. But I believe that Bing has to invent something really different to get at least 10% of Google users. Better quality is not enough I think.

That's really not the point of this article (there's another 5-Star thread where that debate is more appropriate). Rather, what this article does is look at how Bing differs from Google as a first step in looking at how best to optimize pages for Bing.

That's really not the point of this article (there's another 5-Star thread where that debate is more appropriate). Rather, what this article does is look at how Bing differs from Google as a first step in looking at how best to optimize pages for Bing.

I heard that on most search engines, the amount of text on the page usually isn?t usually a huge factor. However, Bing appears to really like pages with at least 300 words of text.

Minstrel, is that right?:confused::confused:

I heard that on most search engines, the amount of text on the page usually isn?t usually a huge factor. However, Bing appears to really like pages with at least 300 words of text.

Minstrel, is that right?:confused::confused:

I'm as new to Bing as everyone else.

But, frankly, I've never paid any attention to that sort of numbers game (e.g., number of words, keyword density, etc.) in optimizing for any search engine. I think if you create a page with content designed for the visitor, whether it has 200 words or 1000 words is not going to be the major ranking factor.

banners
Back