The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Create SEO Friendly Affiliate Links

vipsvvvv

affiliate
Hi !

I do hope everyone is doing well, i have a question about affiliate links and what is the best way to make them seo friendly ,

I own a cash back reward website, and as you can imagine i have a lot of affiliate links on my website in different categories, i noticed some websites that work with the same system when you click on the "visit store" doesnt show the affiliate link and show the domain name following by some numbers and then you be redirected to the affiliate website with your affiliate id attached to it,
Im sure they use this method in order to hide affiliate links from search engines and make the links search engine friendly , as the issue here is not to hide the links from customers as we offer cash back reward for all our products and they need to complete the online transaction with our affiliate id in order to claim the cash back.

I will appreciate any help

Thanks in advance

George

"Im sure they use this method in order to hide affiliate links from search engines
and make the links search engine friendly"

That's part of the reason people cloak links, although I'm not sure
it makes them search engine friendly.

"as the issue here is not to hide the links from customers"

Not quite true. Some consumers are leary of affiliate links or long strange looking links. If you are sending a consumer to buy a camera at officedepot but the link looks like kwefytd.com/123zyzabcdefg or whatever, some people are afraid to click it. A link that looks like yoursite.com/officedepot could get better click-through rates. They don't necessarily connect that for you to give money back they have to click your affiliate link because they dont understand what affiliate marketing even is.

Make sense?

thanks

Yes thats true people they dont really understand what affiliate marketing is and maybe they will hesitate when they see long strange links,

But which is the best way and safest to cloak affiliate links?

for example i saw this format "domaindotcom/track?a-oeaser"

how can i make my affliate links to be like "mydomaindotcom/track?"

is this a script i need to use in order to have the format "track" after my domain name?

Thanks in advance

George

Sorry I'm not sure. I use GoTryThis and it just makes the link like mysite.com/productname or whatever word you want to add after the /. I don't know what program uses track? and don?t think urls with ? are all that search engine friendly.

Here's a pretty detailed blog post I wrote about it.
<a href="http://affiliate-blogs.5staraffiliateprograms.com/674/affiliate-link-organizer-cloaking.html">Organize, Track and Cloak Affiliate Links EASY - GoTryTHIS</a>

HOWEVER I don't really use it for affiliate links as I don't really have time to do much affiliate marketing. I use it for tracking my client links so I can track outbound clicks. So do research to be sure it's still a good option for affiliate links. I think it won product of the year in 06 or something so I think it’s pretty good.

MI
Back