The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

CPVLAB - Hostwinds vs A2 Hosting

KidCruz

affiliate
Hi guys,

I have been having a nightmare with my cpvlab for the past 2 weeks, and I really could do with some advice -sorry I am not really up to speed with a lot of the technical side of things...so bare with me.

As many will be aware, there was a some form of disagreements between the cpvlab programers. My understanding is, that they have now set up 2 separate programs....cpvlab pro and syc tracker.

My original cpvlab was hosted via hostwinds, and I had no issues with it. However since the above issues started I have not been able to log into my cpvlab account.

I decided to opt to go with SYC, and paid 30usd to transfer as I was an existing cpvlab customer. However, they have been having major issues getting my cpvlab to work again via my exiting host - Hostwinds.

SYC have said that my hosting server (Hostwinds) is not allowing incoming/Outgoing CURL requests, hence the reason I cannot log into my cpvlab account.

However Hostwinds have shown me that they have done this at their end.

The only other option SYC said is to switch to A2 Hosting instead, as I will not have these issues. They advised me to go with either of these options:

1. Turbo shared package + $5 for a dedicated IP Address so a total of almost $24 with a $9 dollars discount for first month.

2. SWIFT package + $5 for a dedicated IP Address so a total of $15 per month and you get $5 dollars discount for first month.

I just want my tracker to work again, so I do not mind the switch. However, if I have read the info correctly, my Hostwinds plan is a VPS, where as A2 will be shared hosting....... is that correct?

If so, will I notice any difference if this is the case.

Thanks for any input on this.

Those two A2 packages you mentioned are in fact shared hosting. It is a horrible idea to go to shared hosting from VPS. Why take step backward. No sane person would suggest something like this. Unless of course they get something in return.

I suggest you moving to a better VPS provider. I recommend one of these VPS providers (bunch of my aff links, but for better providers). Now these are unmanaged VPS providers. They are cheaper than managed VPS and gives more freedom. But you'll have to install the tracker yourself. If you can't do that, you can hire me to do it for you. You won't get excuses from me. I'll get it done.

That service is for CPVLab Pro, but hey these 3 are basically same software with minor UI changes.

This is the best option for you in my opinion.

One more thing, CPVLab Pro actually looks like moving forward than other two. It now has support for PHP 7 which is a major improvement.

Last edited:
what's your url to cURL?
You can also try to cURL your server from another server or workstation that has curl enabled -- like most LINUX boxes with curl installed?

-L follow a redirect
headers only
-A
user-agent
Code:
$  curl -L -I -A "Mozilla/5.0 (compatible;)"  "http://example.com/"

Terminal or SSH :p

Who knows until you test right ...

Those two A2 packages you mentioned are in fact shared hosting. It is a horrible idea to go to shared hosting from VPS. Why take step backward. No sane person would suggest something like this. Unless of course they get something in return.

I suggest you moving to a better VPS provider. I recommend one of these VPS providers (bunch of my aff links, but for better providers). Now these are unmanaged VPS providers. They are cheaper than managed VPS and gives more freedom. But you'll have to install the tracker yourself. If you can't do that, you can hire me to do it for you. You won't get excuses from me. I'll get it done.

That service is for CPVLab Pro, but hey these 3 are basically same software with minor UI changes.

This is the best option for you in my opinion.

One more thing, CPVLab Pro actually looks like moving forward than other two. It now has support for PHP 7 which is a major improvement.

I had a feeling that may have been the case.
The only other thing my Host provider said they could do is reinstall my cpvlab, but I would risk losing all my data.

I would be happy to switch to one of the 3 providers you mentioned, but I don't know if SYC will claim to have the same issue again....and suggest switching to A2 - which is a step backwards.
If I had not already paid them $30, I would gladly switch to one of the above and pay you to install my cpvlab.

what's your url to cURL?
You can also try to cURL your server from another server or workstation that has curl enabled -- like most LINUX boxes with curl installed?

-L follow a redirect
headers only
-A
user-agent
Code:
$  curl -L -I -A "Mozilla/5.0 (compatible;)"  "http://example.com/"

Terminal or SSH :p

Who knows until you test right ...

Sorry Greybeard. I could not tell you what it is. I have just been playing chinese whispers between my Hosting support team and SYC ....I wish I was technically minded to understand it all.

Sorry Greybeard. I could not tell you what it is. I have just been playing chinese whispers between my Hosting support team and SYC ....I wish I was technically minded to understand it all.

Were you able to solve this?

Were you able to solve this?

No, I just put a paypal claim in and got my money back from SYC. I am going to go with cpvlab bro instead as they said they can get me back up and running with Hostwinds asap.

Yeah its more expensive, but their customer service seems 10 x better than SYC!

banners
Back