The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

CPV?

creationx

affiliate
In my search of Affiliate Marketing I read that it's best to start with CPV which is Cost Per View because it's supposed to be fairly "easy". I read that you don't need a website and it's all Pop Ups. So my question is if you don't need a website how do the Pop Ups come into your computer?

I'm a "real newbie"

Thanks

I'm not sure what you're reading, but I'm betting it's way out of date. As in old, ancient and outdated - which can happen very quickly when it comes to Internet marketing.

I don't think CPV is a source of revenue anymore for anyone - except, perhaps, the top 20 sites on the net. And enen for those sites, I'm betting it's an insignificant part of their overall revenue.

So my question is if you don't need a website how do the Pop Ups come into your computer?

You don't need a web site (they say) because you are literally stealing the traffic from other people's site by putting the popup on their site. (In over simplified terms.)

A lot of the CPA affiliates really push using CPV and it's still really popular in some circles. (They are probably trying to sell you a course or ebook or something, right?) However CPV is NOT easy. There really is no easy shortcut to making money online. If there was, millions would be do it and it would no longer work.

Most importantly in my book CPV is highly unethical and should be illegal. It's STEALING!

I've written several rants about it but here is some really good info from an expert on the topic also.
http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5...e-forum/21153-directcpv-loudmo.html#post66946

PLUS the conversions are terrible with CPV. If you were trying to get something done and hit a site you thought had the info you were looking for and a popup with an ad came up. Are you going to click? Are you going to buy? Or would you get irritated and leave? That's what most do.

Def not a good place for a newbie to start and not the place to start if you want to build an ethical long term business.

Arizona Jay and Linda, thanks for your replies. Your opinions on CPV are certainly different from what I've been reading which are from three people so far: Jeremy Shoemaker, Jonathan Volk and Josh Todd. I didn't get the feeling they were trying to sell me anything, but what they do is recommend certain affiliate networks which they would make money from if you used them.
They all seem to have a "guide" to get you started in AM and not necessarily in
CPV.
Anyway, thanks again for your informative posts. I will be cautious.

MI
Back