The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Could a niche product be too niche?

ubarta

affiliate
Hi, I thought I have found a niche that would work quite well. I created a seemingly good sales page, get ranked no 1 on Google for 'collecting autographs for profit' and yet I have no visitors and so sales. Is it the niche that I've chosen? Is it the product? What am I doing wrong? Perhaps is the sales page (collectautographsforprofit.com )

Can someone give me a few suggestions on how to market this for conversions.

I am trying Google adwords (2 days now) but although my ad is at the top for the chosen keywords such as 'collect autographs' and 'collecting autographs' there is no human interaction. Could it be that this will never convert, that there is no buyer for this, that this niche is too niche? The site is quite new.

I appreciate your advise. Thanks

What is the monthly search volumes for your keywords? Check on it ad planner. If it's way too low then that would be the reason that you are not getting any visitors.
Ok i have checked the monthly search volume for both the keywords and they have way too low search volume. Thats the reason you are not getting any visits even if you are ranking #1 on your ad. Check the image below.
2015-11-26_2130.png

Hi, I thought I have found a niche that would work quite well. I created a seemingly good sales page, get ranked no 1 on Google for 'collecting autographs for profit' and yet I have no visitors and so sales. Is it the niche that I've chosen? Is it the product? What am I doing wrong? Perhaps is the sales page (collectautographsforprofit.com )

Can someone give me a few suggestions on how to market this for conversions.

I am trying Google adwords (2 days now) but although my ad is at the top for the chosen keywords such as 'collect autographs' and 'collecting autographs' there is no human interaction. Could it be that this will never convert, that there is no buyer for this, that this niche is too niche? The site is quite new.

I appreciate your advise. Thanks

Like @internalsoul said - not enough interest in your narrowed niche. You need more people wanting what you're selling.

Also, have you been promoting it on social media? Maybe some people who never thought of it might start doing so. However, I think you've got a ton of work ahead of you with this one. I only say that because of the low volume of searchers. It will cost you more in AdWords than what you'll make, too.

You may want to rethink this one, or just keep it as a hobby. Perhaps use it as a free report on a MMO site or something like that. (Unusual/little known secret way to make money online?)

Plugging your keyword into Google Keyword Planner suggests there isn't anyone actually searching for this term. That isn't to say nobody is but there may not be enough traffic for you to make any money.

Even if there was I would assume anybody searching for that keyword is looking for a guide or a "how-to" article. You might try creating an info product or find a similar offer on Clickbank. The offer must be relevant to the search and you have to keep the intentions of the buyer in mind.

Keep your adwords campaign running for "collecting autographs" and try to convince people there is serious money to made in selling high profile autographs...only with the knowledge in your $47 dollar guide of course

Here are a few keyword phrases I found that get some searches you might use:

selling celebrity autographs
selling sports autographs
selling signed memorabilia
selling autographs
celebrity autographs value

...etc

Last edited:
Plugging your keyword into Google Keyword Planner suggests there isn't anyone actually searching for this term. That isn't to say nobody is but there may not be enough traffic for you to make any money.

Even if there was I would assume anybody searching for that keyword is looking for a guide or a "how-to" article. You might try creating an info product or find a similar offer on Clickbank. The offer must be relevant to the search and you have to keep the intentions of the buyer in mind.

Keep your adwords campaign running for "collecting autographs" and try to convince people there is serious money to made in selling high profile autographs...only with the knowledge in your $47 dollar guide of course

Here are a few keyword phrases I found that get some searches you might use:

selling celebrity autographs
selling sports autographs
selling signed memorabilia
selling autographs
celebrity autographs value

...etc

This is the correct approach IMO. More people like to sell their stuff than do those that like to collect things.

Like @internalsoul said - not enough interest in your narrowed niche. You need more people wanting what you're selling.

Also, have you been promoting it on social media? Maybe some people who never thought of it might start doing so. However, I think you've got a ton of work ahead of you with this one. I only say that because of the low volume of searchers. It will cost you more in AdWords than what you'll make, too.

You may want to rethink this one, or just keep it as a hobby. Perhaps use it as a free report on a MMO site or something like that. (Unusual/little known secret way to make money online?)

Thanks, that's really useful advice, I've changed the title and the page a bit. I also stopped adwords, at least for the time being.

MI
Back