The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Cookie Compliant Website Script

Graybeard

Cookie Consent Notice Plugin For Bootstrap 4 - cookieAlert.js
This works out of the box with bootstrap 4 and 5

Takes a few minutes to set up the advisory and dismissal the cookie setting is controlled with the JavaScript in the distribution.

Once a user accepts cookies you will need to script your own cookie setting but you can call the cookie if(isset($_COOKIE[$cookie_name])){ ... }else{<whatever>}

upload_2020-12-26_11-30-52.png

1 year cookie (look at the year date :D)
Of course the remote ads may not be compliant ... oh well :p
The EU laws are in effect and the California law starts 2021 ... the rest of the USA and the world?? TBD

Last edited:
The EU laws are in effect and the California law starts 2021
2022 look-back 2023 enforcement date
SEC. 31. Effective and Operative Dates. (a) This act shall become effective as provided in subdivision (a) of Section 10 of Article II of the California Constitution. Except as provided in subdivision (b), this act shall become operative January 1, 2023, and with the exception of the right of access, shall only apply to personal information collected by a business on or after January 1, 2022. (b) Subdivisions (m) and (n) of Section 1798.145, Sections 1798.160, 1798.185, Sections 1798.199.10 through 1798.199.40, inclusive, and Section 1798.199.95 shall become operative on the effective date of the act. (c) The provisions of the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, amended by this act, shall remain in full force and effect and shall be enforceable until the same provisions of this act become operative and enforceable.

YW
As a side note: I have adopted a no cookie feature on what I was working on when I found this script. With IP location I can offer the right content for that person's geo-fenced location (4 km radius (usually)). But without accepting cookies I will not do (or retain) "personal preferences"

banners
Back