The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Confused about copy for an affiliate website

ugagirl

affiliate
I'm so new to this... I know I should know this but I am lost...

If I were to sign up with a service like clickbank and decide to sell one of the products, could I just buy a domain, get it hosted, and copy/paste all of their content (i.e. essentially make my site look exactly like their site - using all of their copy/video/images).

I've been watching some online tutorials and people suggest that you get a hoplink, buy adwords and use a 301 redirect (which I know, would take you directly to the creator's page but give you cookies for the hit)

Here is what confuses me. I found a product on clickbank I wanted to sell, let's call it "wambadoodle" (wambadoodle.com). I then googled "wambadoodle" to see if I could see how some of their affiliates set up their own pages... On the first page of google (under the organic results, not sponsored adwords) I saw a site called "Ilovewamba.com" (definitely an affiliate, not the creator's own page) but when I clicked on the link, it took me directly to wambadoodle.com. If Ilovewamba.com set up a 301 redirect how did they optimize the site to get so high on google results since they would not have any access to wambadoodle.com

I then checked Ilovewamba.com's inbound links and they didn't have many at all.

Can anyone explain this to me? Thanks so much if you can help

Google is a mystery lol. Yeah that's odd. Err.. I don't know how they do that. It would be easier if you gave us the exact website but I understand that you don't want to. As for a tutorial, I give one for free on my blog if you need a step-by-step guide. Starting with adwords isn't a very wise option in my opinion 'cause if you don't know keyword research well you may lose a lot of money. Free marketing options such as article marketing and SEO is better when you're starting.

Hope that helps,

Louise

I just heard an interview with Lynn Terry of ClickNewz and she talks about getting a blank page to rank. According to her, it's all in the backlinks. I imagine the same could be done with a redirected domain.

Regarding your first question about content - no, you can't use the product owner's content, video, and graphics. Sometimes vendors will supply these kinds of things for affiliates - you usually find them at wambadoodle.com/affiliates - but if they don't, you'll have to write your own content.

Hi,

For Clickbank, I generally will find a product to promote, and test it to see if I can get it to convert. I do this by purchasing a .info from GoDaddy for about $0.99. and I redirect it to the affiliate offer. Then I start writing articles based on long tail keywords, and submitting them to the top article directories like Ezinearticles.

If I can make sales on the product, then I create my own Wordpress blog and go from there.

I like to test everything. LOL

Carmen

Hello, I recommend that you create original content, you do a short analysis of the product providing many features or details that may be of interest to people looking for that and then positions SEO

The best content you can ever do is original and from the heart.

I always say that if you're going to promote something, own it and like it first. If you don't own it (or at least used it) and like it, it's bordering on deceptive to say anything good about it.

When you own it and like it, you can review it, tell people what you liked and didn't like, and generally be an effective product evangelist.

When your writing is passionate, it shows. People know it and can tell. They come to respect you and listen more closely to what you have to say.

Trust and respect is EVERYTHING on line. There are too many scammers who give us a bad name already. Your job is to break that preconceived notion however you can.

Original, effective and passionate writing can do that and more.

MI
Back