The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Complete Mobile Marketing Newbie Journey - trying to be optimistic

internalsoul

Hey all, this is souvik. joined affiliatefix last week. Have gone through lots of threads, learned a lot from this forum, gone though lots of case studies, journey threads, success stories and got lots of inspiration to start my own mobile marketing journey.

I am a complete newbie in this field. So i will try to keep it slow as i learn it from my own failures. Last but not the least, i am optimistic kind of guy and never give up unless i am getting what i am aiming for.

Networks:-
FurtherMobi:-
Got my account approved 2 days ago.
Yeahmobi:- Got rejected as i don't have much experience and they me to generate 1k$ on other mobile network in 1 month before they approve me.
Applying for other networks.

Traffic Source:-
Created account on Mobicow and BuzzCity. Will create a account on Zeropark today.

Tracking Software:- Currently i am using Voluum(free one :p)

Whats i have done so far:-

First of all i have gone through some journey threads to check out what kind of offers worked out for others. I know what is working for others might not work for me but it just gave me the idea about what kind of offers convert so that i can chose my offers wisely.

I went to futhermobi and checked lots of offers, previewed them on my browser and finally selected 5 offers for my test campaigns.

I was having problem adding traffic source with tokens on voluum but got it figured out from @cashmoneyaffiliate thread.

Campaigns:-

Campaign 1 :-
Apps Download
Payout:- $1.25 per Conversion
Created a campaign and its pending approval.
No landing page, just direct linking.

Campaign 2:- Utility Apps
Payout:- $0.45 per Conversion
For this campaign i am rotating between 2 offers from same network but different offerpage.

Campaign 3:- Another Utility Apps
Payout:- $0.45 per Conversion
For this campaign i am rotating between 2 offers from same network but different offerpage.

So i am all set, added funds to my traffic sources and waiting for approval.

Expectations:- Right now, i am in a learning phase, so all i expect to learn and buy data. Conversions will help me analyze my data more accurately.

Future Plans:-
To buy affiliatefix DOJO membership.
To get approval on more networks.
To create more campaigns.
To create landing paages and banners for my future campaigns.

Any suggestion and tips will be highly appreciated. Thanks all and have a nice weekend.

Day 1 Results:-

Campaign 1:-
wQ2ez0L.png

Campaign 2:-
damJHQb.png

Campaign 3:-
QbjrM4Q.png

I will let all the campaign run for a little longer.

Campaign 2 and 3 is receiving low traffic because mobicow don't have much traffic for the country i am targeting .

Best of luck, keep at it and always update this thread it will remind you how far you've come. See you inside The Dojo!

Thanks @lrs1995 & @K . Will keep it going.

Day 3 Results so far:-
Stopped. Not a single conversion after 3k+ visits and 5xoffer payout. Offer selection, with the traffic source didn't worked. May be it would have worked out with banner.

Campaign 2:- Stopped because the country i am targeting for this campaign is same for my campaign 3. Mobicow has very little traffic for that country. So wanna gather more data for campaign 3 which is already converting.

Campaign 3:- Its going good so far but very limited traffic on mobicow. So i have created a campaign on buzzcity to get more traffic to the offers of this campaign. 3 Days stats.
9IPiiNm.png

report breakdown as i am rotating between 2 offers.
NoEqL3E.png

Still looking to gather more data to opt out one offer from the campaign.

Campaign 4:- After searching a lot, selected a new offer. Created one campaign on mobicow and one on buzzcity. Offer landing page is nice, so i am direct linking again. Both are pending approval.

@sleenirvana Thanks mate.
@servandosilva yeah its like that. They have good volume traffic only for few countries. For the rest the volume is still way too low to scale up a campaign.

Got another lead, and its getting clear which offer page i am gonna stick with. Will try other traffic source for this campaign and see if i can scale it up.

baWOtJp.png

Campaign 4:-
Thought it would perform well but i was wrong. Will try the same offer on buzzcity and zeropark.
aAX0YvW.png

Stilll waiting for my buzzcitty campaigns to be approved. Sent them a mail. Lets see when they approve it.

Update:-

No conversions for last 3 days. Got one conversion by running the same campaign on buzzcity but that's it.
Now i have stopped the campaigns and creating landing pages for this campaign. I will try to go with 4 to 5 angle as a start up.

Campaign 4 :- Failed terribly.

Campaign 5:- Got a nice dating offer. Just lead and no subscription. Tested it with direct linking.
hdgg7Hi.png

Still running this campaign to gather more data, plus creating landing pages.
Creating landing page for mobile does not seems to be easy. I am going with CMA's basic mobile lander layout.

Thanks @hypefree.

So after working a lot, created 5 LP for campaign 3. It was really horrible got it approved by my AM. No conversion and terrible CTR.
Stats for campaign 3:-
CyKzYyw.png

After the horrible design of my LP for campaign 3 and with such poor CTR, i worked more on making the landing pages better for campaign 5.

Stats for campaign 5:-
aFNHPC6.png

I didn't got any conversions, but learned a lot. Will create new landers for campaign 3 and campaign 5 and will get more traffic to see how thingss work out.

Last edited:
High ctr doesn't mean it will convert. I have at 80% ctr ( not directlink or alert script) and it doesn't convert as good as my 30% ctr lp. But that was before i combined both lps...........

It has been a log time since I've updated any of my journal. After my successful journal with web offers which is mentioned here I've tried several stuffs like PPC(with moderate success), Teespring campaigns on FB (with no success at all). Finally, I got back to mobile offers with all the study and research I needed. Started mobile campaigns full scale from 21st of this month.

A little recap about what I've been doing. I have talked with my AM from mundomedia and he has suggested me two offers one of which is an antivirus offer and another one is sweeptakes offer. So i created 2 landers for the antivirus offer and 8 landers for the sweeptakes offer. Since, its my second attempt on mobile offers , so i wanted it to be slow and have planned on sending pop traffic to the offers. I've checked the offer restrictions and made necessary changes to my landers for sweeptakes offer.

This is how it went so far:-

Day 1:- (21st april)

Campaign 1:- sweeptakes offer
Offer payout:- $9.60 , $4.00 (Split testing between 2 offers)
Visits:- 2208
Clicks:- 133
CTR:- 6.02%
Conversions:- 2 (1 for each offer)
Income:- $13.60
Cost:- $15.00
ROI: -9.33%

Campaign 2:- Antivirus offer
Offer payout:- $5.20
Visits:- 2223
Clicks:- 360
CTR:- 16.19%
Conversions:- 6
Income:- $31.20
Cost:- $20.06
ROI: 56.53%

Campaign 2 is profitable right off the bat, so its a good sign for me and much better results than my first attempt.

Day 2:-

Offer payout:- $9.60 , $4.40 (second offer got a little payout bump on the whole network)
Visits:- 1663
Clicks:- 188
CTR:- 11.30% (made some tweaks to the landing pages)
Conversions:- 2 (both for each offer 2nd offer)
Income:- $8.80
Cost:- $12.07
ROI: -27.09%

Visits:- 3103
Clicks:- 698
CTR:- 22.49% (made some tweaks to the landing pages)
Conversions:- 7
Income:- $36.20
Cost:- $26.65
ROI: 36.59%

Still data too less for optimization.

(made some tweaks to the landing pages)

Day 3:-

Offer payout:- $9.60 , $4.40
Visits:- 1337
Clicks:- 169
CTR:- 12.64%
Conversions:- 4 (1 for offer one with higher payout and 3 for offer 2)
Income:- $22.80
Cost:- $4.61
ROI: 394.58%

Did some campaign optimization by cutting out few landers and also made some adjustment to the campaign along with reducing my bid.

Visits:- 1388
Clicks:- 356
CTR:- 25.65%
Conversions:- 3
Income:- $15.60
Cost:- $11.27
ROI: 38.42%

Did some campaign optimization by cutting out 1 lander and also made some adjustment to the campaign along with reducing my bid.

Day 4:-

Offer payout:- $9.60 , $4.40
Visits:- 716
Clicks:- 93
CTR:- 12.99%
Conversions:- 1 (1 for offer 2)
Income:- $4.40
Cost:- $2.31
ROI: 90.48%

Made some adjustment to the campaign cutting out some non converting variables resulting in low traffic.

Visits:- 2765
Clicks:- 686
CTR:- 24.81%
Conversions:- 8
Income:- $41.60
Cost:- $27.49
ROI: 51.33%

Made some adjustment to the campaign cutting out some non converting variables and increasing my bid.

Day 5:-

Offer payout:- $4.40
Visits:- 266
Clicks:- 34
CTR:- 12.78%
Conversions:- 0
Income:- $0
Cost:- $1.01
ROI: -100%

Visits:- 2661
Clicks:- 733
CTR:- 27.55%
Conversions:- 11
Income:- $57.20
Cost:- $27.17
ROI: 110.53%

Made some adjustment to the campaign cutting out some non converting variables and some poor converting variables.

Day 6:-

Visits:- 306
Clicks:- 17
CTR:- 5.56%
Conversions:- 0
Income:- $0
Cost:- $0.98
ROI: -100%

Cutting out few more non converting variables and some poor converting variables.

Visits:- 2909
Clicks:- 859
CTR:- 29.53%
Conversions:- 12
Income:- $62.40
Cost:- $30.85
ROI: 102.27%

No changes to this campaign.

Day 7:-

Visits:- 612
Clicks:- 51
CTR:- 8.33%
Conversions:- 2
Income:- $8.80
Cost:- $1.75
ROI: 402.86%

Adjusted the campaign setting again.

Visits:- 3901
Clicks:- 1058
CTR:- 27.12%
Conversions:- 15
Income:- $78.00
Cost:- $39.66
ROI: 96.67%

Cutting out low converting variables.

That's my journey so far with mobile campaigns. Created 1 more campaign on antivirus and 2 on pin submit offer. Still waiting for approval.

Summarized stats are as follows: (total duration 7 days )
Total income:- $58.40
Total cost:- $38.01
Total ROI:- 53.64%

Campaign 2 :-
Total income:- $327.60
Total cost:- $187.89
Total ROI:- 74.36%

MI
Back