The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Official ClickerVolt - 100% Free Tracker

I have news from someone from his home. Jacky is not with us anymore so I have no idea what this ClickerVolt will become.
That's terrible RIP

The read me file that comes with the program makes no mention of other individuals involved. Jacky referred to *developers* when I asked a question --so there are others that were involved? Jacky wasn't the code 'guy' from the response he gave me.
The GNU General Public License v3.0 - GNU Project - Free Software Foundation that is the programs license. The program can be modified with some restrictions. I have the original distro but never ran it or used it ...

What should be the suggested specs to run this smoothly with 10k + hits daily?
@1Wan_Sko1 May I suggest you to read this whole thread, you will learn a lot more about this tracker and what makes it different (spoiler: AIDA)...
But to be specific, your exact question has already been answered by @BenitoB:
For 10k daily I think any basic VPS with 1GB of RAM will be enough.
And this can be confirmed by:
Just to reassure you, 22,000 hits per day is really nothing - I've seen it process 100k per day on a 2 CPU server and remain with a very low CPU usage. So I would guess 22k hits should be fine on the 1 CPU server you tried.
(Which I believe was a 2Gig Ram server...)

he says:
So what is the real point? Grab a copy of the source code and host it on your own server.
with the Creative Commons license 3.0 you are limited
JackySan had told me his idea was to monetize by selling plugins --the freemium model
but without control of the domain and a trademark you have nothing for your efforts.

Just not true. I own a software development company and am 100% interested in taking this up. The current software is licensed under the GPL and we have already made the changes and have it working 100% with the latest WordPress changes. If you people here (or anywhere) can help me find the lead dev, I can get him a job AND keep this thing going. I have responded on that blog post a number of times without a response from him FYI.

I own a software development company and am 100% interested in taking this up. The current software is licensed under the GPL and we have already made the changes and have it working 100% with the latest WordPress changes. If you people here (or anywhere) can help me find the lead dev, I can get him a job AND keep this thing going. I have responded on that blog post a number of times without a response from him FYI.

I own a software development company and am 100% interested in taking this up. The current software is licensed under the GPL and we have already made the changes and have it working 100% with the latest WordPress changes. If you people here (or anywhere) can help me find the lead dev, I can get him a job AND keep this thing going. I have responded on that blog post a number of times without a response from him FYI.

That would be great! No one as far as I know has heard from anyone (lead developer of Jacky's family) what going to be happeing with this. I will be more than happy to continie with this plugin.

That would be great! No one as far as I know has heard from anyone (lead developer of Jacky's family) what going to be happeing with this. I will be more than happy to continie with this plugin.

Seems to me if I were you I would take it on and run with it as nothing has happened for 3 months. Let me know what you are going to do.

If you want to offer Clickervolt without a fee --maybe monetize some other SaaS or PaaS in conjunction --you can under the GPL3

You would make a lot of people happy :) But you do not really need the initial developer to do this.

Yeah, I a long history with the GPL, from my first software company. Yes, I am aware that we don't necessarily "need" the original developer (we have already updated the plugin internally and it's working great). But we are actually looking for a good WP guy right now, he had said he was without income (so we can help him out with employment), and he has experience with the plugin. So it just seemed to me that finding him, could fill a lot of holes pretty quick. Either way we will do it, I would rather just give him a shot of being part of it if he were interested.

Yeah, I a long history with the GPL, from my first software company. Yes, I am aware that we don't necessarily "need" the original developer (we have already updated the plugin internally and it's working great). But we are actually looking for a good WP guy right now, he had said he was without income (so we can help him out with employment), and he has experience with the plugin. So it just seemed to me that finding him, could fill a lot of holes pretty quick. Either way we will do it, I would rather just give him a shot of being part of it if he were interested.

Sounds like a perfect fit!

But if anybody has ANY, and I mean any info that could help me track down either the developer or even the family that still owns this software, it would be SUPER appreciated. I am not even against just buying them out as well if they are up for it. This way they could at least make something from it. So any breadcrumbs are greatly appreciated. And lets see if we can't get this awesome software up and running again!

Is there anyone who can answer technical questions? I heard the programmer was still around... not been paid but still around..
You have the source code in plain text
If it's about something in the code --I can grep the terms (of the question's keyword(s)) in the code files for you in the morning. file name and line number ...

Guys, very sad news from the official blog:

-"UPDATED: Dec, 21st 2020:
Friends I am sorry for not replying to everyone – I have received more comments than I imagine and cannot reply to everyone.

I have news from someone from his home. Jacky is not with us anymore so I have no idea what this ClickerVolt will become.

They are asking that you stop sending emails to his email address, they see them but there are too many!!! His family has no idea how this works and how this business works." -

This pandemic has taken too many great people. :(
Is there any way you could put me in touch with them? I would be interested in buying it out. It certainly does nothing for their loss, but would at least give them some money, rather than nothing.

Is there any way you could put me in touch with them? I would be interested in buying it out. It certainly does nothing for their loss, but would at least give them some money, rather than nothing.

Unfortunately I haven't got a response from the developer. It seems he just abandoned the project which is sad IMO, it is a great tracker with a lot of potential and he could still make a living from it.

I'm still using this tracker with the latest WP version and haven't had any issues, however I've seen a drop in conversions. I don't know if it is related to the WP update.

Is it possible to get access to the updated version? We could arrange some kind of contribution.

Unfortunately I haven't got a response from the developer. It seems he just abandoned the project which is sad IMO, it is a great tracker with a lot of potential and he could still make a living from it.

I'm still using this tracker with the latest WP version and haven't had any issues, however I've seen a drop in conversions. I don't know if it is related to the WP update.

Is it possible to get access to the updated version? We could arrange some kind of contribution.

1. It looks like the developer is back, and has updated the software, great news.
2. Sounds like he will be working on it part time, potentially gratis and keeping it working. It does NOT sound like they will be adding features etc, as he states he has another full time job, and is going to be looking to the community to support it. :-( In my business for software, this is what we call the kiss of death. :-(
3. He still has not answered my question about just buying the project from the family.
4. Most likely, I will create a competing project that is more in line with the original vision, paid addons etc. We hired our new WP developer today, and I am putting this as #2 project on his list.
5. The VERY first addition we will make to this is creating the editing of text and preview of links for social media. So that you can change both the text and image that are automatically pulled and displayed for social media posts. This will not be a paid upgrade, but included for free.
6. Then we will look at recreating their paid plugin, and extending that functionality as well.

I am not looking to compete necessarily, but IMO this plugin deserves a LOT more than just updating.

Last edited:
1. It looks like the developer is back, and has updated the software, great news.
2. Sounds like he will be working on it part time, potentially gratis and keeping it working. It does NOT sound like they will be adding features etc, as he states he has another full time job, and is going to be looking to the community to support it. :-( In my business this is what we call the first indication of death. :-(
3. He still has not answered my question about just buying the project from the family.
4. Most likely, I will create a competing project that is more in line with the original vision, paid addons etc. We hired our new WP developer today, and I am putting this as #2 project on his list.
5. The VERY first addition we will make to this is creating the editing of text and preview of links for social media. So that you can change both the text and image that are automatically pulled and displayed for social media posts. This will not be a paid upgrade, but included for free.
6. Then we will look at recreating their paid plugin, and extending that functionality as well.

I am not looking to compete necessarily, but IMO this plugin deserves a LOT more than just updating.

I 100% agree Clickervolt has bags of unutilised potential it's far too valuable a software to be a "part time" project and NOT adding new features.

Okay, hoping we are going to have some good news on this. It sounds like we "may" be on the path to an agreement with these guys to purchase the entire brand. We are trying to find out the current status of subscriptions etc right now, that will determine final pricing for sure. Keep your fingers crossed, we may be able to revive this without any real disruption to existing users. With some real cool additions planned . . . and SUPER open to recommendations!

Okay, hoping we are going to have some good news on this. It sounds like we "may" be on the path to an agreement with these guys to purchase the entire brand. We are trying to find out the current status of subscriptions etc right now, that will determine final pricing for sure. Keep your fingers crossed, we may be able to revive this without any real disruption to existing users. With some real cool additions planned . . . and SUPER open to recommendations!
Hi, is there any news about this. I had no idea about any of this and installed the plug-in today, and also upgraded to get the technical support, only to find that I still couldn't get the support...

Hi, is there any news about this. I had no idea about any of this and installed the plug-in today, and also upgraded to get the technical support, only to find that I still couldn't get the support...
I don't think the person maintaining the project is active here on affiliatefix...
I guess you would be better off asking this on the ClickerVolt Support Forum as the programmer started this to support the project's technical issues...

I don't think the person maintaining the project is active here on affiliatefix...
I guess you would be better off asking this on the ClickerVolt Support Forum as the programmer started this to support the project's technical issues...
The original owner, Jackie San, passed away last year. His dev had a heck of a time finding out what happened and finally managed to find and talk to Jackie's family. They had no idea of how to do online stuff, so I guess they must've sold it.

Clickervolt is a
License: GPLv3
License URI: The GNU General Public License v3.0 - GNU Project - Free Software Foundation

Developers who write software can release it under the terms of the GNU GPL. When they do, it will be free software and stay free software, no matter who changes or distributes the program. We call this copyleft: the software is copyrighted, but instead of using those rights to restrict users like proprietary software does, we use them to ensure that every user has freedom.

You can share, joint venture but not sell subscriptions e.g.; SaaS

The original owner, Jackie San, passed away last year. His dev had a heck of a time finding out what happened and finally managed to find and talk to Jackie's family. They had no idea of how to do online stuff, so I guess they must've sold it.
Correct @azgold... They have been in contact and the dev has taken up the technical part of the project... He already provided an update for the latest WordPress release (that's how I found out actually as my WP test platform mentioned there was an update for Clickervolt)
Any question regarding this should indeed be directed to the Clickervolt support forum as the dev is on there...

banners
Back