The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Official ClickerVolt - 100% Free Tracker

Hello ClickerVolt users,

The programmer mentions a complete list of things he has access to. Including server (SSH) access. I wonder if anyone has been able to touch base with him?
he says:
I don’t know passwords of:
  • Domain registar for clickervolt.com
  • Hosting account for this server
So what is the real point? Grab a copy of the source code and host it on your own server.
with the Creative Commons license 3.0 you are limited
JackySan had told me his idea was to monetize by selling plugins --the freemium model
but without control of the domain and a trademark you have nothing for your efforts.

I own a software development company and am 100% interested in taking this up. The current software is licensed under the GPL and we have already made the changes and have it working 100% with the latest WordPress changes. If you people here (or anywhere) can help me find the lead dev, I can get him a job AND keep this thing going. I have responded on that blog post a number of times without a response from him FYI.
The GNU General Public License v3.0 - GNU Project - Free Software Foundation
see 10.
10. Automatic Licensing of Downstream Recipients.
You may not impose any further restrictions on the exercise of the rights granted or affirmed under this License. For example, you may not impose a license fee, royalty, or other charge for exercise of rights granted under this License, and you may not initiate litigation (including a cross-claim or counterclaim in a lawsuit) alleging that any patent claim is infringed by making, using, selling, offering for sale, or importing the Program or any portion of it.

If you want to offer Clickervolt without a fee --maybe monetize some other SaaS or PaaS in conjunction --you can under the GPL3

You would make a lot of people happy :) But you do not really need the initial developer to do this.

MI
Back