The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Clickbank vs Amazon?

Another problem with amazon is, there is a commission limit at $25

To clarify, that's not a limit. It's a minimum commission you must accumulate before Amazon sends out a payment. If you don't reach that amount in commissions in any given month, what you did earn is carried forward to the following month(s).

I don't think most affiliates would consider that much of a limitation.

To clarify, that's not a limit. It's a minimum commission you must accumulate before Amazon sends out a payment. If you don't reach that amount in commissions in any given month, what you did earn is carried forward to the following month(s).

I don't think most affiliates would consider that much of a limitation.

No its not...

Amazon pays 4% but there is a limit... For example, you sell a plasma TV worth $1,000 and you should receive $40. You can only get $25. I am not really sure if they already changed the rules but that is what I know.....

What you mean is totally different but you are true in some other way..

No its not...

Amazon pays 4% but there is a limit... For example, you sell a plasma TV worth $1,000 and you should receive $40. You can only get $25. I am not really sure if they already changed the rules but that is what I know.....

I've never heard of that. Can you provide a source? some documentation?

Checked it out at the source: Amazon.

There are caps on a few items but they are not universal:

https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/gp/associates/help/t2/a15

Caps: Personal computers (both desktops and laptops) have advertising fees capped at $25, and Amazon Video On Demand as well as Amazon mp3 products are capped at $1.50 per item.

Other than that, you are paid a percentage of the sale on most other items:

https://affiliate-program.amazon.co...soc-center-1&pf_rd_r=&pf_rd_i=assoc_operating

I think Clickbank is a little easier but I see now that amazon has a widget that allows you to put a whole page up on your website or gives you the link or code to the page making it a little easier to promote.

Is there really any competition. Although Amazon is a well-known name, the commission sucks! Word of Advice...stick with clickbank for real cash, keep amazon for pocket change.

That 's exactly what I am doing now., SEOing sites promoting amazon I think is a waste of time.... unless you are outsourcing..

Clickbank has my vote also. I have tried both and find that clickbank is easier. I am happy to see that there is money being made by the posts on this thread. It reinforces what is true, clickbank is the way to go. If you do have a website though and promoting through it, amazon has a product now (which I am not promoting, I just saw it last time I was on amazon) that lets you put a search box on your website which imbeds your affiliate information in it so if people do get to your site, they can search amazon and if they buy you get the sale. This, however, might detract from the real reason they came to your site in the first place.

Clickbank has my vote also. I have tried both and find that clickbank is easier. I am happy to see that there is money being made by the posts on this thread. It reinforces what is true, clickbank is the way to go. If you do have a website though and promoting through it, amazon has a product now (which I am not promoting, I just saw it last time I was on amazon) that lets you put a search box on your website which imbeds your affiliate information in it so if people do get to your site, they can search amazon and if they buy you get the sale. This, however, might detract from the real reason they came to your site in the first place.

I tried promoting the same product category from both sites/companies and I'm making more with clickbank. Yes, there are too many "how to get pregnant" products on amazon but that "pregnancy miracle" on clickbank is giving me more...

How are you promoting? Do you pay for traffic or get it for free? Do you have any methods you could share? I tend to get stuck in ruts... although I get traffic, it would be nice to get out of the rut and try some new types of promotion.

i have used click bank for quite some time now and i absolutely love it. Never even looked into amazon so i was intrigued to see some of the posts

For the moment Amazon does not matches my needs ( no automatization in importing deals/ links, etc ). I have in plan for this year to use CB as I hear a lot of noise about them.

I think clickbank is a little better than amazon in term of offers and support. It definitely also provide a better result for me there.

Both are good but one thing a lot of people don't take into consideration is cashflow. If you are just starting out then you might be much happier with Clickbank paying you weekly via direct deposit versus every 30 days like Amazon.

Having said that, physical products are an easier sell....

-Russ

Both are good but one thing a lot of people don't take into consideration is cashflow. If you are just starting out then you might be much happier with Clickbank paying you weekly via direct deposit versus every 30 days like Amazon.
-Russ

Good point russ! I also suggest the CB.,

wow just reading this gave me inspiration to try out clickbank again because i never really had success with it, but also really starting out, i think you just get confused at alot out there and it can be overwhelming, so glad i read this!:)

MI
Back