The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Clickbank vs Amazon?

When I was promoting amazon the BIG downside was that it took several months to get paid... which made it impossible to promote on PPC (not sure if it's still like that).

The other downside is that it's much harder to promote physical products with article marketing... which is my main promotion technique right now. I'm going to find a way to make it work but I'm too busy with info products right now.

I have got to admit it, Amazon kinda wins for me
It's counterintuitive because you have an affiliate program with a one day cookie [Amazon] vs one with a cookie life of 30 days and the one day cookie still wins
Very little in terme of refunds with amazon and sales everyday

I love amazon when it comes to christmas. My earning would skyrocketed about 5-6 times while my other site clicks and sales decrease at christmas.

However, amazon is less profitable than the other networks, but it provide some nice little earning for me.

I like Amazon more but that is because I am biased and have build a plugin for wordpress to create Amazon product sites fast.

What my main liking is, is the fact that sales of physical products are much larger then ebooks and other clickbank related products. Plus...the competition for for instance a " Dewalt Belt Sander" is much easier to beat then all the clickbank affiliates...there are more niches. Amzon has millions of products in thousands of categories and they are trusted by a lot of people

Edwin

if your looking to sell something other than info products amazon is the easiest and fastest to get set up. Think in terms of holidays, the largest consumer spending period of the year is about to approach us, and what do people buy for christmas? They buy "real" products. Toys, TV's, phones etc. And they will spend billions.

Cmoney makes a great point. I've always been turned off because of their low commission percentage but it's certainly worth looking into for the holidays.

I finally settle now and it's CPA.. I am earning much more than I expected... I had a lot of problems with clickbank (refund, hold payment, etc)

Is there really any competition. Although Amazon is a well-known name, the commission sucks! Word of Advice...stick with clickbank for real cash, keep amazon for pocket change.

I like amazon coz it's easy to setup. The disadvantage is that it's difficult to promote coz google doesn't like amazon.

In a nutshell, CB has mostly info products with high (percentage) payout while Amazon has more of physical products with lower (percentage) payout.

I think both will work, as long as you know who your target audience is, and what types of products suit them.

If what they need is an info-type product and CB has a good match, go for that.

Ultimately, test test test, find out what works, and scale it up!

I like clickbank better. Many products offer 75% commission, that is much more than amazon; however, there are many affiliates making a lot of money on amazon.

Not to be biased or something but Amazon is much greater than clickbank. I have my success with Amazon for the past years and I highly recommended this program.

people prefer to buy on amazon ratjer than clickbank but, the cookie on amazon is only for 24 hours so in this case you have to aim for product that people will buy soon and it is not recommanded to go for electronic product because people will take their time before deciding to pay alot of money and meanwhile your cookie will expire

I think it is harder to sell CB products for most people especially newbies.

That said I do very well with both CB and Amazon, and I use other affiliate sites also.

Personally I like clickbank as an affiliate but love amazon as a consumer :)

{self-promotion removed}

Last edited by a moderator:
MI
Back