The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Clickbank vs Amazon?

Webtoolkeeper

I wonder if how are yu doing with both of these programs.. I am making some hundreds per month with CB and planning to do the Amazon as well.. any suggestion or feedback is highly appreciated..

AM with Amazon is amazingly easy to do, they walk you through EVERYTHING. I just helped my fiancee set up a blog for herself, and taught her where to look for amazon links.. and they showed her the rest.

There is one HUGE downside to Amazon, and that is on the return days. If they do not buy on that session, you do not get a commission. The cookie is a session cookie, so your pre-sell has to be rock solid.. then you gotta hope Amazon finishes the sale... unlike other programs where you might still easily get credit if they return later.

One big upside, though, is that you can get payouts with as little as $10 in the account. You can only get the small amounts in gift cards to amazon though, but you can find something you would buy from there to spend it ;)

I'm about to post a thread on my amazon experiences. You should read that before starting with amazon :) Its definitely profitable you just need to avoid certain mistakes

There is one HUGE downside to Amazon, and that is on the return days. If they do not buy on that session, you do not get a commission. The cookie is a session cookie, so your pre-sell has to be rock solid.

Certain products have a longer buy cycle. Typically people tend to shop and compare more on higher priced products and technology products. So if you are promoting computers for instance you could lose a lot due to the session cookie. So you may want to give thought to the types of products that have a shorter sales cycle.

A possible upsite though, I would think Amazon's conversions are pretty good due to the customer reviews and their reputation.

Im still a youngblood, but the traffic I do send at Amazon converts at roughly 3%... but again... the sales are worth probably as much as an Adsense click on that site (actually less per on this item.)

They are great to learn with though, and to populate a new blog for a beginner. They make it really easy.

hi!! I kinda started a few weeks back!! still havn't made any sales... :( but am still trying hard!! writing articles and blogs everyday... got any tips anyone?? I'm with CB by the way!!

I do not promote Amazon myself but from what I hear there new models of income are not great. I think many have moved away from Amazon because they just don't pay out well.

After several months of focusing on clickbank after I created this thread, I can now tell that clickbank is far better than amazon in terms of earning potential..

Amazon is a better name, but I think clickbank provides a lot better results. I have seen people who devoted a lot of time to CB and made piles of cash.

One benefit of Amazon, if you are a programmer they have a great API. It's very easy to make custom stuff that uses their data, with your affiliate codes attached.

Certain products have a longer buy cycle. Typically people tend to shop and compare more on higher priced products and technology products. So if you are promoting computers for instance you could lose a lot due to the session cookie. So you may want to give thought to the types of products that have a shorter sales cycle.

A possible upsite though, I would think Amazon's conversions are pretty good due to the customer reviews and their reputation.

could u give me some advice on products like books?

To be honest, I've tried Amazon to little effect and Clickbank I was never a big fan of as the products are being promoted by many different niches.

In the last couple of months I've had a regular $40-60/week but sometimes more. I didn't promote the products, just integrated them within my websites and it's finally starting to pay off.

I think they are both good platforms to profit from, as long as your product is worth the money. However, people tend to "trust" amazon more than ClickBank.

MI
Back