The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Clickbank And Aweber

Freejoy

Hi,

I have a question someone might be able to help me with.

I'm selling a Clickbank product and I have a landing page with a optin form before sending the customer to the Clickbank offer I capture their email.

Say some purchase and some don't. Is there a way to seperate the ones who buy from the ones who didn't?

I have set the integration Clickbank in Aweber. How do other affiliates handle this?

Thank you

If you use a tracker you can follow the leads through to the end and identify who bought and who did not. Use pixels.

Have you contacted them to see how to use their tracker with pixels so you can learn how to use their tracker for tracking the types of campaigns you have?

I don't use ClickMagic. I am not familiar with their platform. However, all trackers allow for the use of pixels and you can use the pixels to determine certain aspects of the users through your funnels. With this information, you can re-target, identify who converts, etc.

Have you contacted them to see how to use their tracker with pixels so you can learn how to use their tracker for tracking the types of campaigns you have?

I don't use ClickMagic. I am not familiar with their platform. However, all trackers allow for the use of pixels and you can use the pixels to determine certain aspects of the users through your funnels. With this information, you can re-target, identify who converts, etc.

So I somehow can set up a pixel to fire back to Aweber? I'm not sure how this will work.

Have you asked them?
I thought this stuff was standard stuff because I've seen so many Youtubes saying to capture the emails before sending them to your affiliate offer.

Now I wonder how they market to their emails they've captured if they don't know if the customer actually purchased. I mean how could they set up their auto responder to try to continue promoting the offer?

Yes, I contacted them after reading your post and they said it couldn't be done that way.

So I guess one has to create a welcome email saying: Hay we don't know if you purchase (item) but if you didn't here's why you should and if you did here's something else might interest you! : )

Maybe I need a whole new set up with a different tracking system and email service!

Thanks

You need to know how to program a ID number for each subscriber;
and pass that number as an identifier to the sellers;
and have that id number posted back on each sale.

If a number only appears ONCE then they did not buy.

$cat file1[subscribers] file2[buyers-of-that-offer] |sort|unique -c|sort | (choose1>>>[less||more||>sorted_file.csv]
count|customerID
3 \t 123084
2 \t 398872
1 \t 453074

#\t means tab format issue

If you are running a massive operation you create a database.table and INSERT EACH SALE
query

SELECT * FROM customer_sales WHERE customerID = 123084;
result 3 rows (see above)
SELECT * SUM(amount) FROM customer_sales WHERE customerID = 123084
339 ttl amount

(basic idea -- a lot more complex in reality ;))

It is, but as you will see in the material below, some of how you do it will rely on the offer source and on the conversion page.

On the ClickMagic site:
Tracking Magick Part 3 - Conversion Tracking Basics

On YouTube:
ClickMagick:
How to Add Tracking Pixels to ClickBank

ClickMagick:
How to Track Conversions On Pages You Don't Control

I don't think ya'll are understanding what I mean. I already have conversion tracking set up with Clickbank and configured for ClickMagic.

That isn't the issue I'm trying to figure out.

I read and have watched many YouTube videos saying to capture the email before sending the user to your affiliate offer.

Okay, say I capture the email then redirect them to the Clickbank offer. Now since they had to optin (before being redirected to the offer) I have their email that has been automatically added to a autoresponder set up to send out a Follow Up Series email sequence.

So in Aweber everyone gets put on my Subscriber List who has opted-in.

Is there anyway to segment the buyers from the non-buyers into different lists?

Thank you

Is there anyway to segment the buyers from the non-buyers into different lists?

I understood perfectly. The data referenced in my last post gives you the information from the start to the finish in order to collect the data you require.

You obviously did not watch or understand the need for the second video, or read the article and subsequent chapter on the ClickMagic site I linked to.

You need your tracker to recognize a pixel firing on the sellers conversion page. This will tell you who bought and you can use that data to separate the buyers from the non buyers and then you can re-target them.

I use Voluum as well as a custom tracker. I track every action a visitor does throughout the entire funnel of every campaign. I collect data, I parse data, I use this data to separate visitors from visitors that convert. When a visitor goes from my landing page to a conversion page my tracker tells me that. When a visitor to the conversion page converts, my tracker tells me that. I use that data to identify which group the visitors get parsed to.

The first thing I place in the post above was a training article with a subsequent chapter and they both together tell you exactly how to do it with ClickMagic.

I understood perfectly. The data referenced in my last post gives you the information from the start to the finish in order to collect the data you require.

You obviously did not watch or understand the need for the second video, or read the article and subsequent chapter on the ClickMagic site I linked to.

You need your tracker to recognize a pixel firing on the sellers conversion page. This will tell you who bought and you can use that data to separate the buyers from the non buyers and then you can re-target them.

I use Voluum as well as a custom tracker. I track every action a visitor does throughout the entire funnel of every campaign. I collect data, I parse data, I use this data to separate visitors from visitors that convert. When a visitor goes from my landing page to a conversion page my tracker tells me that. When a visitor to the conversion page converts, my tracker tells me that. I use that data to identify which group the visitors get parsed to.

The first thing I place in the post above was a training article with a subsequent chapter and they both together tell you exactly how to do it with ClickMagic.

I'm not sure what kind of conversions you mean. The guy on the video seems to be tracking opt-in conversions.

I told you how ... add an ID to the subscribe add to the referral URL the same ID that they used to subscribe for tracking purchases and match them 1=no 2+=yes (bought).

You either learn to code or pay a freelancer to do it for you ...

Tools have limits ...

I told you how ... add an ID to the subscribe add to the referral URL the same ID that they used to subscribe for tracking purchases and match them 1=no 2+=yes (bought).

You either learn to code or pay a freelancer to do it for you ...

Tools have limits ...

Here's what I wrote to Aweber:

Hi,
I'm selling a Clickbank product as an affiliate.
Before sending the potential customer to the clickbank product I capture their email.
Say someone buys the product from Clickbank:
How do I get them on another list?
or...
can I tag them someway as to identify that they have made a purchase so I don't continue trying to promote the same product to them?
Is there any resources or documentation that can help me set this up.

#####################

Here's their reply:

It may be possible to tag subscribers through the integration or add them to different lists based on what products they buy. For example, you have the ability to add subscribers to different lists based on what products they buy through the Clickbank integration!

You can find some more information on that in the article below:
https://help.aweber.com/hc/en-us/articles/204031066-How-do-I-integrate-Clickbank-with-AWeber-

Here is how you can create a campaign:
https://help.aweber.com/hc/en-us/articles/215196987-How-do-I-create-a-welcome-series-using-Campaigns-

Here is how you can set up your campaigns to be triggered from a tag:
https://help.aweber.com/hc/en-us/articles/216475777-How-do-I-trigger-a-Campaign-with-a-Tag-

I hope this information is helpful.

#####################

I don't think what they said is relevant to me. I don't think Clickbank sends this all information to affiliates.

What kind of coding are you talking about? Surely there is some place on the internet that shows how to do this?

Here's what ClickMagic says:

Normally, if you own the product (if you are the vendor), it is simple to segment your lists:
Segmented List 1 - Buyers
Segmented List 2 - Non-Buyers
However, as an affiliate, this is not possible to automate this process unless ClickBank can integrate with Aweber just like ClickBank integrates with ClickMagick through Postback URLs.

###################

This kind of makes collecting emails a little challenging because of not knowing if they actually purchased.

I suppose one can send "generic" emails but collecting the emails would have to slow the traffic down going to the offer. I guess one needs a custom script written.

Thank you

Str="123DJEIS&=&=23UWK123DJEIS&=&=23UWK123DJEIS&=&=23UWK"; echo ${#Str}
As you can see 128 is a lot!

I just going with it as is. I can get so intense over these little things sometimes. : )

I have much to learn and I don't have to learn everything today. Maybe I'll hire a programer after I'm making $10,000 a day.

Thanks

learn to code
Hi,

What kind of coding do I need to learn to write a script like this.

I went through hell (using clickmagick) trying to track visitors from PPC ad to opt-in to followup emails to sales conversion. Bing to Aweber to Clickbank

I spent 4 days and countless emails/screenshots (went through every support tech), and finally Patrick (the creator) was supposed to help me.

It would work sometimes, and then it wouldn't.

They claimed it was working on their side.

That's great, but, it sure wasn't working for me.

I will never use Clicktragick again, their software is buggy. :mad:

I want to do this for myself, using BeMob.

If you could point me in the right direction, I would sure appreciate it.

I will look for a Udemy course and get started, right away.

Thanks! :)

Scott

this is a clickbank test link i made

https:## fb09fkmbhrgp2y2qw3ndpmtd4a.hop.clickbank.net/?tid=LLL_OOOO

tid=[A-Z] _
are the allowed characters and that will appear in you clicbank stats and they have a post back now that I have yet to use ...

so joe blow subsscribes
he is known as jblow@goofmail.com , 100001
the links in your emails redirect your server {script you write}
=>to link /?tid=100001_ABC ( joe's ID_ABC is the item offered)
=>clickbank
=>landing page
=>sale
=>stats with referring link /?tid=100001_ABC as a sale

What if you do this /?tid=100001_ABC&emd=01292019 [emd is email date ... or id of the email?]

=================

Transactions Reporting

Using HopLinks

When a customer follows a HopLink with a Tracking ID, and when they purchase a product, the Tracking ID is linked with those events. You can use tracking IDs to differentiate between different sources of traffic and compare your promotional methods.

For example, let's say you're promoting the same product on a blog, in a forum post, and on Twitter. Rather than using one HopLink across all traffic sources, you could use three HopLinks with different Tracking IDs for each medium. If the initial hoplink was Unauthorized Affiliate - error page, you could use these Tracking IDs and HopLinks:

Blog
Tracking ID – blog_feb_2018
Hoplink – : //affiliate.vendor.hop.clickbank.net/?tid=blog_feb_2018
Forum
Tracking ID – forum_feb_2018
Hoplink – : //affiliate.vendor.hop.clickbank.net/?tid=forum_feb_2018
Twitter
Tracking ID – twitter_feb_2018
Hoplink – ://affiliate.vendor.hop.clickbank.net/?tid=twitter_feb_2018

Then, when a sale is made using one of your HopLinks, the Tracking ID is passed into ClickBank's reporting, so you'll be able to see which of your promotional efforts led to the sale.
Using Parameters

If you want to pass additional parameters through your HopLink that will arrive at the HopLink Target URL, you can do so. We will pass up to 128 bytes of QUERY_STRING data through to the HopLink Target URL.

For example, if a user follows this HopLink:

//affiliate.vendor.hop.clickbank.net/?ZZ=1&YY=2

They would be redirected to this URL:

//vendors-site.com/script.php?hop=affiliate&ZZ=1&YY=2

Last edited:
MI
Back