The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Click bot ALERT!

Graybeard

12-letter domains. The ad fraud scheme Sadbottrue |

>>>What is the infrastructure for generating artificial traffic?

In order to simulate a web audience, you need 3 components.

1. Database of simulating devices, browsers, and users.
2. Software to manage the algorithms of botnet activity.
3. Rented proxy servers around the world, used to simulate users from more than one hundred countries.

The black market of proxy servers is the most important part of the ad fraud infrastructure. It has long been a global and accessible for everyone.

These parts are common to all ad fraud schemes. But for verification of artificial traffic, a credible source is needed. A huge audience can not appear suddenly from nowhere. We have already written how social traffic is used as an imitation of a fast recruitment of the audience. Also for this, search engines are often used, primarily Google. <<<

So if you see those masked traffic source names from ad network buys ... Guess what?

my system
I forbid datacenters accessing my domains using paid advertising. I am blocking 2 million or more servers including Google proxy and MSFT Azure.

If I need to allow access to some particular server (like my own servers) or legitimate indexing robots, I explicitly allow that server IP (or CIDR [ip range]). It is a draconian measure but 40% of internet traffic is fraud or page scrapers -- maybe more (I rarely count the garbage).

You are still going to pay for the fraud ad clicks but you will see that they are trying to screw you -- so you can cut them off fast --and move on ... the wiser ...

If these ad networks are too stupid to detect this fraud -- shame on them. I think there are many leveraging this fraud and *overlooking* it because they profit, albeit short term maybe.

My system is a private proprietary system -- it also blocks current tor exit nodes. It is not for sale. Maybe, for lease on my redirection servers --but the problem is that I would have to design a user interface --unless someone is real good in ssh and knows bash scripting themselves.

If someone wants me to manage their traffic -- maybe test it? $145.00/hr long term contract rates can be negotiated.

How is this done? By mapping IP range deny in Nginx /etc/nginx/conf.d files at the server level (root) then including the deny files you want to use in the domain file /etc/nginx/sites-available/[domain config]

I use rsync to synchronize the various deny files between my servers.

Last edited:
my system
I forbid datacenters accessing my domains using paid advertising. I am blocking 2 million or more servers including Google proxy and MSFT Azure.

If I need to allow access to some particular server (like my own servers) or legitimate indexing robots, I explicitly allow that server IP (or CIDR [ip range]). It is a draconian measure but 40% of internet traffic is fraud or page scrapers -- maybe more (I rarely count the garbage).

You are still going to pay for the fraud ad clicks but you will see that they are trying to screw you -- so you can cut them off fast --and move on ... the wiser ...

If these ad networks are too stupid to detect this fraud -- shame on them. I think there are many leveraging this fraud and *overlooking* it because they profit, albeit short term maybe.

My system is a private proprietary system -- it also blocks current tor exit nodes. It is not for sale. Maybe, for lease on my redirection servers --but the problem is that I would have to design a user interface --unless someone is real good in ssh and knows bash scripting themselves.

If someone wants me to manage their traffic -- maybe test it? $145.00/hr long term contract rates can be negotiated.

How is this done? By mapping IP range deny in Nginx /etc/nginx/conf.d files at the server level (root) then including the deny files you want to use in the domain file /etc/nginx/sites-available/[domain config]

I use rsync to synchronize the various deny files between my servers.
what you mean by saying Fraud traffic?

Just what i said -- non human ad traffic, credit card fraud doers (carders, fraudsters) using VPNs and tor.

Page scrapers are just unwanted traffic stealing any SEO that you have built. They are just evil-doers.

What I do increases page loading times maybe 300ms to scrub the disallowed IPs -- that is the overhead price ...

I tested my system against ad ad network that provides clean traffic and almost all passed through. That does not explain the over billing for traffic that never appears on my server logs -- most recently 8-10% Assuming the traffic network's count was true what happened to that traffic between their server and my server us unknown. my server is usually a VPS with little activity so my load is less that 10% of capacity.

Just what i said -- non human ad traffic, credit card fraud doers (carders, fraudsters) using VPNs and tor.

Page scrapers are just unwanted traffic stealing any SEO that you have built. They are just evil-doers.

What I do increases page loading times maybe 300ms to scrub the disallowed IPs -- that is the overhead price ...

I tested my system against ad ad network that provides clean traffic and almost all passed through. That does not explain the over billing for traffic that never appears on my server logs -- most recently 8-10% Assuming the traffic network's count was true what happened to that traffic between their server and my server us unknown. my server is usually a VPS with little activity so my load is less that 10% of capacity.
you mean they are using stolen credit cards to make purchase on offer?

I have been involved in controlling credit card fraud on PCI-DSS financial transaction servers -- yes this has been happening since day 1.

Stolen card numbers with the cvs security code on the back along with other identity info; name, address, postal codes ... There are chat rooms where they (the criminals) sell these.

Digital shoplifters and online bank robbing gangs <criminal online fraud.

MI
Back