The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Case study: DateMyAge promotion offer on Taboola.

DatingGroup

How not to screw up on the first test?

Today I want to show you how our internal media works with Taboola traffic. I will share the logic that we use in optimization and how to achieve the best results. This happens to be the same way we optimize results with our partners and their publishers.
Importantly, this is not a recommendation for action. Perhaps you are smarter than us and can do it better. If so, please write to me at anna.b@datinggroup.io and unleash our offers immediately.

So, here are the details:
The amount: 2k per week test
Brand: DateMyAge.com
Geo: US
Audience: Male, Female
Device: Mobile web
Creatives: we took creatives with European girls 30-35 years old.
In the headers, we had dynamic tokens indicating the city or country of the user.
Examples:
uOJhgsc.png

kaD89tM.png

This serves as an example of how our test might look…

The campaign started typically. CTR was low, we worked on it, optimizing creatives. Spoiler: we easily raised it by 1.56%.

4WZ3g1P.png

But let’s come back to our campaign numbers. The first indicators are promising. You can see that CPL is $6 – pretty good, isn’t it?
But we need to dig more deeply. Before we can start counting EROI, we should check user activity.
The benchmarks are:
  • User made second login in next 24 hours;
  • He downloaded photo (1 or more);
  • He confirmed his email;
These are the benchmarks for first step optimizations. We can see them in our internal report and optimize publishers regarding this information. By the way, we always send optimization requests to our partners to help push indicators.

After cutting publishers with non-relevant audiences we still have good numbers:
CPL: $5
CPA: $243
With this price we gained users who will stay on the platform and spend money.
Such primary optimization helps to pass the test with good results, and increase budgets in order to increase quality indicators.

qioXN6j.png

This is one way we can start our tests and make them profitable. The same scenario would be the case with an external publisher. You just need to cooperate with our team and make efforts to bring good quality traffic.
You will gain $3 from each lead because the test payout on the DMA T1 CPL offer is $8, or $400 on the DMA T1 CPS offer.

I bet these users will give positive EROI, which means your payouts can be increased.

If you understand what all these numbers mean,

You are welcome to ask any questions in the comments.

MI
Back