Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Ask Me Anything Case Study: 57% ROI on TikTok in 4 days

adgrow

Choose to grow!
Affiliate Manager
adgrow.io - performance marketing agency
Hi everyone!
This is our R&D team's first case study that we are sharing on the forum :affiliatefix: We'd love to get your feedback if you find it useful :):)

adgrow_Social-Media_case.jpg

TikTok has been making quite a buzz in the affiliate community for quite some time now. We never worked with TikTok Ads and were reluctant to try this source, mainly because of creatives. Creatives are a massive part of success on this platform - but short catchy videos were a new format for me and the team.

Nevertheless, we decided to run a very rough test and I would say that overall I was very satisfied with the results and the platform showed enough potential for us to keep testing and learning how to use it.

Let’s get into the details:
Source:
TikTok
Target: Male 35+
Geo: USA
Advertise period: 4 days
ROI: 57%

CAMPAIGN AND AD SETTINGS:

On our first launch, we tried to set up targeting based on audience interests but got a very high CPM. I stopped the campaign and launched it with quite a wide targeting - geo USA, male 35+ with optimization parameters on “lower cost”.

CREATIVES:

For creatives, we used stock videos with women taking selfies in front of the mirror and added text and sound on top of the video.
Here is the example of the creative that worked best:

62b192c229722ed37f68d875_Screenshot 2022-06-21 at 12.42.png

We have noticed an interesting pattern building up as we tested different creatives - women 35+ years performed better than younger women. Authenticity and natural, real looks of the women also performed way better than full-on makeup, doll-like faces.

PRE-LAND:

Having studied the old and the new ways and funnels in the social communications vertical, we decided to test something new and drive inspiration from other verticals.

We came across an interesting case - the use of horoscopes. It seemed interesting to test and adapt this idea in our pre-land.
We built a page where you are asked to choose your zodiac sign to help find the best fit.

1657107645051.png

After that, we invite users to take a quiz:

1657107675097.png

Quiz questions examples:

1657107694799.png

RESULTS:

On average, the registration cost was around $10. I used a new account that did not have any history. In the beginning, the registration cost was $8-9, it raised a little bit when scaling the campaign.

As you can see from the account screen - in the long run, creatives gave a stable CTR of up to 4%.

SUMMARY:

We’ve seen potential and will keep testing TikTok to get more insights and study the platform further. For our test developing creatives turned out to be less complicated than we expected and the simple videos we put together worked fairly well.

*A MINIMUM BUDGET FOR THE TESTS OUR R&D TEAM RUNS IS $1500

Last edited:
First of all thanks for your transparency. You did a great job outlining your process and results. I assume you will fund this project more and continue to scale?

Thanks for your comment, appreciate your interest!

The goal of our in-house R&D team is to run tests to find new well-performing funnels. Once we found good ones and tested them to see if they work at some scale - we share our experience and insights with our affiliates. We got very positive feedback on this one, so it seems to be working well.

As for TikTok as a traffic source, we will definitely keep learning how to work with it, it showed great potential :)

Does TikTok allow content such as you've shown in your post?
Or do you have to be able to quickly get new TikTok advertiser accounts?

Just wondering, I've personally never ran anything on TikTok!

Hi Franke,

In this particular case TitkTok did not ban the post, it got banned later when we received a few reports.
But the account was not banned or suspended.

MI
Back