The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Can People Make a Living off of Just Affiliate Marketing

once janister

affiliate
I was just curious if any of you guys make a full time living through affiliate marketing?

I have been using affiliate marketing here and there, but don't see how I can earn as much as I do with my advertising income.

Everything depends. Let say depends from your knowledges and merchant's conditions. In case if product is sellable good and comission for affiliates is not less than 10-12%, it is absolutely possible to life from this.

Of course, it needn't be either/or. You can pursue earning revenues from both advertising and from affiliate marketing, if you have the right combination of websites.

Do both and focus a little more on affiliate marketing and I'll bet with added attention your affiliate marketing campaigns will begin to kick in and take off. Fulltime earnings are definitely something I'm looking for but it takes time to get it out there and see the results.

Thanks for the replies.

Every time I write an article that mentions a particular company, I search to see if that company has an affiliate program; If they have one I link the anchored keyword to my affiliate link.

Sure it is possible and it happens.You need to know that in the initial stage,say the first three months,you need to put in a lot of work then afterwards you can relax and watch the money roll in.

Sure it is possible and it happens.You need to know that in the initial stage,say the first three months,you need to put in a lot of work then afterwards you can relax and watch the money roll in.

That's not exactly accurate. You don't sit back and relax, you have to keep working. One must continually updates ones sites to keep them fresh or they will go stale.

Now when i say relax i dont mean that you should stop work on that site completely,you need to continually update it.I meant that you can then channel your time to something else maybe building more sites(scale it up),instead of focusing all your time on just one site.

Yes you can make a full time living from affiliate marketing, but you must stay on top of things.

Let's say you sell a product and get a $30 commission and you sell 10 a day that is $300 a day or $2100 a week or $8400 a month - around $100K a year.
Then of course you have to deduct your expenses, the tools you use, outsourcers etc. And you have to pay for insurance and other costs of living that usually an employer will pay for.

So it still may sound good but what if the product stops selling?

It is important to diversify so that you are not all in one area.

I do make income from work I did months ago. I love that I can go to bed and make some cash while I am sleeping if somone clicks on my link and buys, BUT I worked really hard for that and I work constantly to stay up with marketing methods, new products, learning etc. so I can continue to be successful.

There is nothing "relaxing" about affiliate marketing. It is all about hard work and constant improvement. If you plan to relax in front of the computer, then it is better to keep your advertising job and do affiliate marketing just as extra income.

It did not work for me. I put a lot of work and time, and money in marketing website....
So, I had to look for other options. And - I found really great business opp: simple and smart. I do the same amount of work I used to do with my Associate website, but the difference now is - I earn money. :D

Hi, as i understand most of you live on your affilitate marketing business but how long it took to reach such results, i understand that all is very personal but on average?
how much time a day does it take to optimize your work? i have a current job so i cant spend too much on it and i want to know whether it worth to start?
Thanks.

Of course they do!

The important thing to remember is that you must figure out what works for yourself and then replicate it and leverage it over many different markets to make the real income you see many people making.

Affiliate marketing isn't a get rich quick scheme - it takes just as much time, effort and patience as any other venture. That said, if you are dedicated, learn the right tools, best practices for online marketing, etc., you can make it worth your while. There are a number of affiliates that make a very, very good living with affiliate marketing.

Affiliate marketing isn't a get rich quick scheme - it takes just as much time, effort and patience as any other venture. That said, if you are dedicated, learn the right tools, best practices for online marketing, etc., you can make it worth your while. There are a number of affiliates that make a very, very good living with affiliate marketing.

That is a very good point. People who think they can jump in and start making bug bucks after a few weeks are seriously deluding themselves. Put in as much effort as you would starting an offline business and you will reap the same rewards.

That is a very good point. People who think they can jump in and start making bug bucks after a few weeks are seriously deluding themselves. Put in as much effort as you would starting an offline business and you will reap the same rewards.

Yes and no. There are plenty of methods to making a solid income with affiliate marketing very quickly. If you have the right information, at the right time you can be golden.

But you are right, affiliate marketing takes some time to develop as does any job. More often than not, failure is sometimes your greatest long term success.

I was just curious if any of you guys make a full time living through affiliate marketing?

I have been using affiliate marketing here and there, but don't see how I can earn as much as I do with my advertising income.

What is your advertising income?
I do just fine with income form affiliates. If I would go with the income from advertising ... 50$/month ... no way

I am not making a livable wage from marketing yet. However, my friend who got me into all of this is making $200K+ a year. I know this for a fact because I'm his banker. :) It did take him a few years to build up to that though. I have heard that people who got into marketing 5-6 years ago are millionaires.

Affiliate marketing, like most things in life, takes dedication and hard work to be successful. Other than lottery winnings, I don't believe "get rich quick" exists. I'm sure you have heard the phrase "information overload". That can happen so quickly and easily if you allow yourself to lose focus and start wandering around the internet.

I found a system that walked me through the process literally step by step. Find a system or mentor you trust and I guarantee you it will save a great deal of time, money and frustration. Affiliate marketing is fun! Enjoy the journey!

banners
Back