The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Buying keyword related name with little history, searches

eitems4734

affiliate
Should you buy domain name based on a keyword that you know will be searched 1000s of time (like 10,000 a month) within 1-2 months, but right now barely anyone knows the keyword?

Also, can someone tell us from experience if they ever done that and their results please?

Last edited by a moderator:
If only it were that easy! Yes keyword in the domain is crucial, but it depends what your site is for. Income from GoogleAds, then you need a decent keyword. That said, it still takes TIME whatever your keyword.

I made up a word not long ago, created a SEO page for it, and it was listed in a couple of days. It was also top of the listing (it was the only listing - I'd made the word up). But nobody else would even have searched for it.

On the other hand, if you've got a popular word that thousands will search for, then there's usually hundreds of sites, and thousands of pages, that already have the word in their url, so simply getting yet another url that contains that word doesn't get you far on its own. There's little point in moving from 150th to 140th in Google!

The only way of getting consistently high traffic and high rating is to consistently and frequently write relative articles on a relative site. Long term, nothing else works.

And I speak from experience as someone who DOES earn steady and substantial income from GoogleAds.

If only it were that easy! Yes keyword in the domain is crucial, but it depends what your site is for. Income from GoogleAds, then you need a decent keyword. That said, it still takes TIME whatever your keyword.

I made up a word not long ago, created a SEO page for it, and it was listed in a couple of days. It was also top of the listing (it was the only listing - I'd made the word up). But nobody else would even have searched for it.

On the other hand, if you've got a popular word that thousands will search for, then there's usually hundreds of sites, and thousands of pages, that already have the word in their url, so simply getting yet another url that contains that word doesn't get you far on its own. There's little point in moving from 150th to 140th in Google!

The only way of getting consistently high traffic and high rating is to consistently and frequently write relative articles on a relative site. Long term, nothing else works.

And I speak from experience as someone who DOES earn steady and substantial income from GoogleAds.

okay.

If anyone still want to say a few words from experience, please inform us!

banners
Back