The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Building Niche Websites: Put simply, the ONLY guide you'll ever need..

Re: Building Niche Websites: Put simply, the ONLY guide you'll ever ne

Really interested in this case study. Good job man.

Re: Building Niche Websites: Put simply, the ONLY guide you'll ever ne

Hey guys,

I know I haven't updated this case study in awhile. I've been without internet for about a month, my server was down for a bit and my personal blog was hacked. I lost most of the content on my blog, but figured I could recover it by going through the Wayback Machine: Internet Archive, which is really cool!

Now that I'm back in action, I've had some time to work on my niche site. So far I've chosen a niche, purchased a domain, installed a theme & plugins as well as added some content to the site.

For the content, I've added a 1,000 word article to the home page and created a comparison matrix that basically compares the different products that I'm promoting through Amazons associate program. I then added the usual about page, a blog for future content, contact page, sitemap & privacy policy.

Plugins:

Akismet for annoying comment spam, All In One SEO Pack, Contact Form 7, Pretty Link Lite and TablePress. Of course, I'll be adding more as I need them.

Content:

I've written all the content myself and so far, there is the homepage and about 4 articles. (I'll be adding more each week) I did my keyword research with Long Tail Pro resulting in some easy to rank keywords that were used to craft helpful content around. All the content on my site is there for one reason - and that is to help people who are searching for answers inside my niche.

I plan to keep updating the site with about 2 pieces of fresh content each week, hopefully growing it into a massive site that pulls organic traffic from thousands of 'long tail keywords'. This is one of the perks of creating a large website; you get tons of traffic from all these long tail searches.

Backlinks:

As far as backlinking goes I've really done nothing more than leave some niche related comments on blogs. These aren't spam comments in anyway, but rather helpful comments that you would leave on a blog that you've engaged with. I do plan to ramp this up next week, building out some web 2.0s and taking a tiered linking approach as well as ordering 50 'high page rank' blog posts from a private network that is not available to the public.

Heading forward, I'll continue to add fresh content each week and report back with my rankings.

Current Rankings:

Here are my current rankings since the site has been indexed in Google. Keep in mind, I've done NO backlinking as of yet. The key to getting good rankings early on is GOOD 'keyword research'.

Click to enlarge-

keyword.jpg
keyword2.jpg

So there you have it! That's where I'm currently at this very moment, and I will make an effort to keep updating this thread. Once the high PR blog posts have been placed, I'll should be moving up to the top 10 and pulling in some really good cash. As I've stated on my personal blog (the one that was hacked), I already have a one page blogspot blog ranking top 3 and making $100 a month. This new site will have tons of content, so I can guarantee it will make a few hundred a month.

Expenses:

$0.50 - Domain
$6.95 - Hosting

Revenue:

$0

Attachments

• keyword.jpg
    keyword.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 67
  • keyword2.jpg
    keyword2.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 65