The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Bounce Rate

jones1982

affiliate
If your site get high bounce rate then your site will be rank down. So what is your technique to prevent high bounce rate?

As far as I know, bounce rate does not affect your search engine rankings.

No, bounce rates don't affect search engine rankings because as Resell Rights Ebooks pointed out Google is not using the data available in the webmaster tools or analytics. You don't have to worry if your bounce rate is high, it may be because you advertise on PTC or traffic exchange sites. ;)

I added finding the video I mentioned in my previous post above to my task list with the purpose of posting it here.

Matt Cutts specifically calls out in the YouTube video exactly what I have said above. Below is the "edited" link to that video on YouTube as I am unable to post full links here yet.

<EMBED height=385 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=640 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/LLmO1GE4GvI&hl=en_US&fs=1 allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED>

Last edited by a moderator:
On my flag ship site my bounce rate can fluctuate between 24% to 38% depending on the week.

@David

In regards to editing the link in my previous post to show the YouTube video. Thanks from one Canadian to another. Was I surprised to discover you were a fellow Canadian :)

It's strange, isn't it? There are 34 million of us but we still are surprised when we meet another Canadian in a different environment. :)

Well, question is: how much bounce rate is too high for your site and what would be your steps to bring it down?

I personally think it has no impact on rankings but I do think it has an impact on your site over all such as conversion rates and the quality of content. It is important to look at this stat (and many others) in light of what is happening from the visitor point of view. We all want all visitors to be completely satisfied with what they see on the landing page.

I personally don't think bounce rate should be used when determining rankings.

But, in some cases, user behavior is used...how about this, when you search for a celebrity name, most of the time you'll get image results in your main SERP. Does Google do this because user behaviour shows that lots of people that search for a celebrity name then go onto use Google Images?

MI
Back