The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Blogging

richkid

affiliate
Hey guys just wondering if you are interested in a topic but dont know much about it then where do you get your information which you will blog about?

If you are interested in a topic but don't know much about it, you don't blog about it. You read someone else's blog who does know something about it.

I'm goiung to be blunt here, richkid: You are grasping at straws and going about this all wrong. In the last few posts I've read from you, you're talking about trying to make money from various psychology-related products while admitting you know nothing about psychology. How do expect to have any credibility with anyone doing this? You clearly are not going to be able to write with any authority or expertise about this topic and that's going to come through in whatevfer you write. So why would anyone be convinced to buy a product you endorse and recommend when you clearly don't know why you're recommending it?

Start with something you know. Then try to find an angle to promote and some products to promote and go from there.

If you are interested in a topic but don't know much about it, you don't blog about it. You read someone else's blog who does know something about it.

I'm goiung to be blunt here, richkid: You are grasping at straws and going about this all wrong. In the last few posts I've read from you, you're talking about trying to make money from various psychology-related products while admitting you know nothing about psychology. How do expect to have any credibility with anyone doing this? You clearly are not going to be able to write with any authority or expertise about this topic and that's going to come through in whatevfer you write. So why would anyone be convinced to buy a product you endorse and recommend when you clearly don't know why you're recommending it?

Start with something you know. Then try to find an angle to promote and some products to promote and go from there.

Minstrel since you have read few of my posts you would have also read that I have only couple of passions pretty much. The sport I am interested very much is cricket but the problem is hardly there are any products for it and secondly its not that famous sport. This is the reason I have to choose something I am interested but dont know much about it.

Minstrel since you have read few of my posts you would have also read that I have only couple of passions pretty much. The sport I am interested very much is cricket but the problem is hardly there are any products for it and secondly its not that famous sport. This is the reason I have to choose something I am interested but dont know much about it.

So you're telling me the only thing you know anything about is cricket?

I didn't use the word "passion". If you can monetize something you're passionate about, great. If not, at least aim to monetize something you have knowledge about.

You are, of course, free to give it a shot. But it seems to be your current path is doomed to failure. Just look at your question in the opening thread: "What do I blog about? I don't know anything about this." How do you expect to succeed with that kind of obstacle staring you in the face?

I have only couple of passions pretty much.

Bull.

You have more than a couple of passions richkid. Way more.

In addition to what minstrel has said above...

IMHO, you need to start over. Take that for what it's worth. ;)

Sit down, list what you're good at, come up with a list of at least 25 things that you have varying degrees of passion for. I thought I was "only" interested in baseball cards and reading in the beginning...but found out I was interested in (had varying degrees of passion for) many, many more things.

I have read your posts as well thus far richkid, and deep down, my gut tells me you keep reaching for that most "golden" opportunity right out of the gate. It's a common mistake many have made when starting out, and it's BIG time killer of affiliate businesses, right out of the gate.

Just do something you can start with a measure of authority with, and do it, a lot. Keep doing it until you get the seasoning you need to make the decisions required to continue or not.

Look, in the end, this type of business isn't for everyone...you have to be able to sell (well), market (well), and build a business (somewhat well). You have to be able to take anything that you can be an authority on and turn it into an affiliate business. If you can't do that, well...I will leave the rest for you.

My challenge to you is this richkid...

Sit down and list all of your passions, of which you have more than a couple, and you know it (right? come on, you can do it). You just need to place some deep and important thought into discovering your passions.

Do not do anything else until you have a list of at least 10 passions...period.

After that, start your niche research on each and every one of those 10 passions. Look at what products get bought, what advertising gets sold, how much activity on Google, etc...etc... I'm not going to go into detail here because you have yet to really move past step 1 before we get that far.

I really hope you take minstrel's advice above as well, it's golden.

Do not do anything else until you have a list of at least 10 passions...period.

I totally disagree with that statement, Joe. It's unrealistic to assume that everyone has at least 10 things that they're passionate about. You have no way of knowing what's inside of someone. I consider myself a very well-round individual, but there's probably only two or three things that I'm truly passionate about.

Now, I can probably list at least 100 things that I enjoy doing a lot. But things that I'm truly passionate about, there are only a few of those.

David Jackson

I totally disagree with that statement, Joe. It's unrealistic to assume that everyone has at least 10 things that they're passionate about. You have no way of knowing what's inside of someone. I consider myself a very well-round individual, but there's probably only two or three things that I'm truly passionate about.

Now, I can probably list at least 100 things that I enjoy doing a lot. But things that I'm truly passionate about, there are only a few of those.

David Jackson

Soooo...

...if richkid strives to reach 10 passions...and only comes up with say...4...therefore expanding his mind and being able to pursue 2 more avenues to create a business within...then is that such a bad thing? ;)

That's all I was really trying to do, was expand richkid's thoughts to really dive deeper into his passions with a limited mindset.

And, you're right David, no one has any idea what lies inside the mind of anyone else at first...but we have to help someone start somewhere to find out right? ;)

Soooo...

...if richkid strives to reach 10 passions...and only comes up with say...4...

That's exactly the point. If someone has to strive or reach to find their passions...then are those things really passions? I say no.

If you asked me what I'm truly passionate about, I wouldn't have to think about it for a second. I could rattle them off instantly. It's very possible that richkid's only passion is Cricket.

And if that's the case, perhaps we should be encouraging him to think about ways that he can make money on that topic.

David Jackson

That's exactly the point. If someone has to strive or reach to find their passions...then are those things really passions? I say no.

I love the discussion here David :) Excellent.

Not everyone thinks about their passions the way you do David, and to assume that everyone does is dangerous too right?

If I asked you, you might be able to answer straightforward...but I've seen many people ask how to start discovering their true passions...or other statements made like "I don't really have anything I'm passionate about" (or a variation of that)...which means to me they initially don't know or they haven't fully discovered all of their passions yet.

IMHO if more people truly pursued their passions instead of someone else's passions...we wouldn't have the same discussion we're having here today David. But I respect your opinion on this thread as well, and can see that if richkid thinks the way you do about his passions, well...then I guess cricket is it. :)

I love the discussion here David :) Excellent.
I'm enjoying the debate as well, Joe. :) And thanks for not taking my differing viewpoint personal. It's not.
That being said, I've been involved in enough forum debates to know that sometimes, it's just best to agree to disagree. You and I are miles apart on this one, and I think this is one of those situations.

And by the way, while I disagree with you, I respect your opinion as well. :)

David Jackson

I'm enjoying the debate as well, Joe. :) And thanks for not taking my differing viewpoint personal. It's not.

That being said, I've been involved in enough forum debates to know that sometimes, it's just best to agree to disagree. You and I are miles apart on this one, and I think this is one of those situations. :)

And by the way, while I disagree with you, I respect your opinion as well. :)

David Jackson

I don't think we're "miles" apart at all, but can also see we need to agree to disagree on this one too David.

I never take differing viewpoints personal, in fact, that's why I love debate, it brings out the highest quality information :)

I don't think we're "miles" apart at all.

See, we can't even agree on how far apart we are. :) Seriously, though. I think a casual observer would agree we're miles apart on this, Joe.

No biggie, it happens.

Actually, I wasn't going to engage you at all, because after my spat with minstrel, Linda made it very clear to me that she hates disagreements within her forum. She even deleted the offending thread. But I decided I have the right to voice my opinion the same as everyone else.

Disagreements occur in forums all the time. It's the nature of the beast.

David Jackson

Likewise. But I'm sure I'll see you around the forum before the new year. Or are you signing off for the rest of this year? :confused:

David Jackson

Well, it might be "very sporadic" activity at best for the rest of 2009 yeah...because I have key business plan items to implement before year's-end.

Gotta rock the first quarter of 2010 ya know :D

I got a bunch of stuff that's already in the pipeline. So I'm all ready for 2010.

I can actually play for the rest of the month. Financially, I've put myself in position to do that. So I'm going to do that.

Keep an eye on SiteProNews though. I have some new articles coming out.

David Jackson

I got a bunch of stuff that's already in the pipeline. So I'm all ready for 2010.

I can actually play for the rest of the month. Financially, I've put myself in position to do that. So I'm going to do that.

Keep an eye on SiteProNews though. I have some new articles coming out.

David Jackson

Good for you David, that's awesome! :D

I'll keep an eye out.

Well, it might be "very sporadic" activity at best for the rest of 2009 yeah...because I have key business plan items to implement before year's-end.

Hey guys, well as per the blog which helps to pick the first niche I made a list that I was passionate about & things I know or can do well. Here is what I came with when merged two lists.

Travelling Places
Meeting people
Making new friends
Cricket
solving math problems

Since being Indian by nationality I also like to learn more about my country.

But everytime the question "Does the niche have any affiliate products" and obviously when I looked on clickbank none of those topics have products

On the other hand it came to me that I am a short tempered person ,hence thought of learning about anger management first and then blog about.

Travelling Places
Meeting people
Making new friends
Since being Indian by nationality I also like to learn more about my country.

These ideas sound like they could possibly be combined into a travel blog of some sort.

But you'll have to research for yourself, and find out if perhaps travelling your area, maybe documenting your travels, then writing and selling a useful guide (or promoting a guide as an affiliate) would support a business to your needs.

Selling advertising on that blog once you have traffic, selling the guide you write about your travels (or travelling etc...)...are all possible income streams along with affiliate marketing by promoting travel related items that relate to your country or city etc...

(I know all of that doesn't fall under "affiliate marketing" per say, but hey, this is a business with multiple possible income streams right?)

There's always a way. Clickbank isn't the only affiliate network to find products, this forum has a few to check out for more product ideas.

I might suggest you check Amazon for a book called "Crush It" by Gary Vaynerchuk. A great book about creating a business around your passion.

Then I suggest you check out "Influence, The Psychology of Persuasion" by Robert Cialdini. A great book for learning what makes people take action on certain things like reciprocity etc...

That should give you a start. :D Just ideas though...I'm sure you can expand on them if you want to.

MI
Back