The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Blog Wordcount

I have a question about word count. Is it always necessary for a post to be between 1,000 to 1,500 words? How about 700 to 800 words if well written and gets to the point?

Eager to hear different perspectives. Thanks in advance!

I have a question about word count. Is it always necessary for a post to be between 1,000 to 1,500 words? How about 700 to 800 words if well written and gets to the point?

Eager to hear different perspectives. Thanks in advance!

Depends on what helps your customer
Best (for customer) to answer question in opening paragraph
You have these blogs and it's the same story
  1. Are you trying to find answer to question?
  2. BLAH-BLAH-BLAH-BLAH-BLAH-BLAH-BLAH-BLAH-BLAH-BLAH
  3. Here's the answer
BLAH-BLAH-BLAH can help customer
if it goes after the simple answer

Most people don't care how much BLAH-BLAH-BLAH you write then
When I read BLAH-BLAH-BLAH first, just close it never visit site again

Depends on what helps your customer
Best (for customer) to answer question in opening paragraph
You have these blogs and it's the same story
  1. Are you trying to find answer to question?
  2. BLAH-BLAH-BLAH-BLAH-BLAH-BLAH-BLAH-BLAH-BLAH-BLAH
  3. Here's the answer
BLAH-BLAH-BLAH can help customer
if it goes after the simple answer

Most people don't care how much BLAH-BLAH-BLAH you write then
When I read BLAH-BLAH-BLAH first, just close it never visit site again

Thanks! You always respond with great insights.
I am the same way too. I read some of the BLAH-BLAH then start to skim until I've found the answer (if there is an answer at all).

Why do I read so many comments about 1,000-2,000+ word affiliate blog post? Does it have something to do with Google requiring a certain number of words per blog post for optimal SEO results?

Is it always necessary for a post to be between 1,000 to 1,500 words? How about 700 to 800 words if well written and gets to the point?

Content is reliant on the information that has to be relayed to a consumer of the content.

There once was a criteria that marketers thought to be appropriate, but that was just SEO recommendations by those not really in the know of what consumers actually needed.

Consumer needs are very specific to their niche. There is no universal word count for what the consumer needs. If you are more interested in meeting the needs of SEO over the needs of a consumer, then you are doomed from the start.

I have content sites, it is my primary focus. I average more than 12k words a day, and frequently exceed that by large margins. It isn't like writing a book where you are trying to stick to a storyline and developing characters. A writer of a book will toil over getting several hundred words written in a day sometimes.

As a content marketer, my focus is completely on the consumer experience and I do whatever it takes by way of writing to make certain that they have a wonderful and fulfilling satisfaction from the content because it keeps them there longer and it keeps them coming back for more.

Focus on the needs of the consumer when writing your content! ALWAYS!

Content is reliant on the information that has to be relayed to a consumer of the content.

There once was a criteria that marketers thought to be appropriate, but that was just SEO recommendations by those not really in the know of what consumers actually needed.

Consumer needs are very specific to their niche. There is no universal word count for what the consumer needs. If you are more interested in meeting the needs of SEO over the needs of a consumer, then you are doomed from the start.

I have content sites, it is my primary focus. I average more than 12k words a day, and frequently exceed that by large margins. It isn't like writing a book where you are trying to stick to a storyline and developing characters. A writer of a book will toil over getting several hundred words written in a day sometimes.

As a content marketer, my focus is completely on the consumer experience and I do whatever it takes by way of writing to make certain that they have a wonderful and fulfilling satisfaction from the content because it keeps them there longer and it keeps them coming back for more.

Focus on the needs of the consumer when writing your content! ALWAYS!

Thanks for the input. Being passionate about my niche and deliver quality to the customer is what will keep me in the game. SEO is secondary especially when I'm still learning and know virtually nothing about it.
Wow 12k words a day? That's awesome. I'd be lucky to push out 1k words a day even while working from home.

Good luck and thanks for the advice!

I use a dictation software for much of it.
I never thought about that (smart idea!). I tested a dictation software almost a decade ago (I think) but it didn't translate very well. I'd imagine they have come a long way now. I will do some research.
Can you recommend a few of your favorites?

My issue is that I edit while I write. Ideally, I'd go from the outline to typing all my thoughts, and then proofread and edit.

I never thought about that (smart idea!). I tested a dictation software almost a decade ago (I think) but it didn't translate very well. I'd imagine they have come a long way now. I will do some research.
Can you recommend a few of your favorites?

My issue is that I edit while I write. Ideally, I'd go from the outline to typing all my thoughts, and then proofread and edit.
I have the same issue. I'm always editing as Im trying to type out the content. I focus too much on trying to create the "perfect" content all of the time but it slows you down BIG time. Got to work on fixing that. Also will look into the dictation software, very clever idea.

I have the same issue. I'm always editing as Im trying to type out the content. I focus too much on trying to create the "perfect" content all of the time but it slows you down BIG time. Got to work on fixing that. Also will look into the dictation software, very clever idea.
You have a point there. I think speaking out my message might be a better idea so long as the software captures my dictation fairly decent. I am getting a little better just typing out my thoughts and then editing later but its still challenging. Sort of like using your left hand to write when you're right-handed.

Good luck and thanks!

My issue is that I edit while I write.
I'm always editing as Im trying to type out the content.

Here's the thing. Whether you are typing, or dictating, all of us are always tempted to edit while getting our thoughts down. DON'T DO THIS! Get your thoughts down completely for each paragraph before editing.

I use Dragon Pro because I have been using it for almost a decade and don't want to learn a new application. The newer versions are just fine and get the job done well. The only reason I use the pro version is so I can turn recordings into editable text. Other than that feature, I would use the standard Dragon. My Dragon has been updated many many times and it has come to know my voice (continual learning) exceptionally well. This is part of the application to continually learn the aspects of you voice.

Editing with Dragon is easy enough, and has all of the features you will need to learn to make it work for you. It is a comprehensive application and you will need a few weeks to tweak it into your slave!

Here's the thing. Whether you are typing, or dictating, all of us are always tempted to edit while getting our thoughts down. DON'T DO THIS! Get your thoughts down completely for each paragraph before editing.

I use Dragon Pro because I have been using it for almost a decade and don't want to learn a new application. The newer versions are just fine and get the job done well. The only reason I use the pro version is so I can turn recordings into editable text. Other than that feature, I would use the standard Dragon. My Dragon has been updated many many times and it has come to know my voice (continual learning) exceptionally well. This is part of the application to continually learn the aspects of you voice.

Editing with Dragon is easy enough, and has all of the features you will need to learn to make it work for you. It is a comprehensive application and you will need a few weeks to tweak it into your slave!

Thanks! I will check Dragon Pro out. It's interesting that they've incorporated machine learning into this software (huge value!). It's hard for me to understand how a machine can learn and improve without additional programming.

And thanks for the confirmation. I must have been brainwashed to write this way. What a bad habit and even harder to break.

Thanks again for your comments and insights!

Video or podcast can be 10k words
Have no patience to read anything long
If it's 1k+ words better to do multiple pages

Can you plug it?
Sounds like it saves lot of time

So your wordcount preference is maybe 500 to 600 words tops per post? On average, that is my maximum. I'm hoping to be successful with short, informative, and to-the-point blog post. It seems like very few of my friends and professional peers want to read long emails, articles, and messages (maybe novels if they're interested). They want everything short and to the point when possible.

Can you plug it?

As in giving the details of the features and benefits?

I love Dragon. I have for almost a decade. I do highly recommend it. However, before you buy it, understand that not only you have a learning curve with it, but the application has a leanring curve as well. You are learning it, and it is learning you.

It has all of the recommendations on grammar and spelling, phrases and appropriate replacements, etc. It has the language down quite well.

Sounds like it saves lot of time

One would think. It does save time, but not as much as one might think. The thing for me is I can get my thought down completely and efficiently, then begin the edits and re-writes. That's where all articles consume the most time.

So your wordcount preference is maybe 500 to 600 words tops per post? On average, that is my maximum. I'm hoping to be successful with short, informative, and to-the-point blog post. It seems like very few of my friends and professional peers want to read long emails, articles, and messages (maybe novels if they're interested). They want everything short and to the point when possible.

Answer customer question as simple as possible
You can study competitor (who is number 1)
Blog length is 100% not important to customer
They want the answer fast & complete
Why do you need 2500 words?

MI
Back