The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

blog about the same product? websites for all?

thomas1957

I certainly appreciate everyone's help. This forum is great.

If my website is about fishing and I have 15 different fishing items to sell, do I write one blog and try to sell them all on the same page or should I write a different blog for all the different items? Or should I write several blogs on each item? I certainly do not need 15 different websites for each.
I understand the use of the keywords and the SEO behind all of this to a novice level but I just want to get something out there.
I will be pulling the trigger on a hosting site and my niche this coming Thursday.
For the record, I am retired and have all the time in the world to work on this.
My main plan is to have 1 main website and a sub-niche that will only link to other articles and the affiliate as the CTA.

Feel free to critique anything I just put out there but If I get an understanding of these key items I will be on my way

So, make sure you have complete and well written data and a dedicated page for each product. Also make sure you have a good menu with primary menu items like "lures", "line", "rods", "terminal tackle", "reels", etc., and then sub-menu items for the individual products.

One site, not 15.

I am an avid freshwater fisherman. Be sure to visit many of the typical fishing products sites to spy on how your competition presents products, writes articles, and writes descriptions, etc.

Yeah, it's kind of liberating to write for the reader, not for Google.

Anyway, if readers like it, Google will catch on and like it too.

Exactly right
  • If you write primarily for the user you win
  • If you write primarily for Google you lose
Start being useful first, then worry about SEO and all the clever strategies

Write as if you're actually talking to someone

Build a user profile

After 10,000 visits you can build audience profiles from your Google Analytics data

It is a very good idea to create a blog webiste about the products that you are promoting and you need to make sure that your blog does not look more of a promotio website than it is a blog. That is because people do not like ads that much. Write interesting blogs.

The best blog posts are useful, they help people to solve actual problems
The most successful blog writers have a deep understanding of the subject and a current knowledge of both the latest trends and a realistic idea of what is likely to happen in the future
Building an audience with blogging is actually not that hard if you really know your subject and can deliver the key messages in a way that lots of different people can understand

One site, not 15.

Exactly
15 sites is a recipe for chaos
It is wise to start with some realistic targets
That way you'll be able to measure success
Also with time consider this
Affiliate marketing is supposed to help set you free
So you want to do the least amount of work for the highest reward
Schedule what you will do with a daily, weekly, monthly planner
But don't make too full up
1-3 important tasks per day
Steady progress

In your blog you should just write about fishing and mention particular items, that you wanna sell in the text, something like "Why do we use some item, which one is better, how to use it and where we can buy it". Any way you don`d need 15 different sites, you just can categorized this items in 1 website

banners
Back