The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Bing ads brings in people from other countries then targeted

M

Matsinator

Hi,

I am trying out Bing Ads and I stumbled upon a problem google can't solve for me (Maybe I should have looked on Bing). I am promoting a Sweepstakes offer to Australia. I get a lot of cheap clicks but they are not all from Australia. I get some clicks from Brazil and other countries in South America! I check all the ads and I am really targeting Australia only, I adjusted the bid to Australia to 100% (not sure if that is neccesary because I only added Australia)

I also unchecked: People searching for or viewing pages about your targeted locations

I don't understand why I get people from South America

How do you know they are from other countries? Is that information from your tracker or from the Bing dashboard itself? If it's from your tracker then your tracker could be incorrect. Occasionally I have that issue with my tracker for some reason, use an IP lookup service to check if they truly are from other countries or its just a reporting error. Otherwise I would contact Bing to sort it out, especially if you're being charged for these clicks. In the meantime you could setup a rule in your flow to send other country's traffic to a global smartlink.

First, if those clicks from other countries perform, make note of the IP and geo data for a separate campaign.

Secondly, and maybe most importantly, use partner blocking to prevent the traffic from those sites and locations.

MI
Back