The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Big search engines team up against click fraud

Larwee

<b><font size=2>In Memoriam - Loyal Administrator<
affiliate
Google, Yahoo and Microsoft have teamed up to fight click fraud. Ask.com, LookSmart and Media Rating Council will also be involved. Their goal is to find a better way to identify and measure "click fraud."

As you know, Google, Yahoo and Microsoft are competitors and it is a little unusual for them to work together on a project. But this is an issue that could be harmful to all of them and by working together they feel they can better solve the problem. Google and Yahoo say the problem isn't as big as some say it is, but it is still a problem.

One of the first things they will need to do is to come up with a definition of click fraud. They will then come up with guidelines.

Here is a link to an article with more details http://business.bostonherald.com/technologyNews/view.bg?articleid=151066

Hey Larwee,

Thanks you just re-inforced a habit I've been trying to change. I constanly scan news and blog headline for something BLOG worthy. I only blog about certain things, so most things I read aren't blog worthy. However I read a ton of SEO news like this story you just posted that I think is NEWSworthy and that members here maybe would like to know about. But I'm so blog focused in the AM I forget about good info that may not be worth a blog, but would be great info to pass on in the forum.

Thanks for reminding me I need to refocus and share more news here at the forum.

banners
Back