The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Best way to back up my server?

It depends on what you are trying to back up and also what server (Apache or windows) you are using, if you can post more info, I can provide some better advice

cPanel/WHM's in-built backup is great, and you can with relative ease restore it.
The option to backup to Amazon is also good - and really affordable.

However - if you have root access - I'd highly suggest using R1Soft - the backup procedure is much easier. You can also backup as frequently as 5 minutes (although 15 minutes is the minimum I'd recommend). You can easily get a cheap storage VPS, and "renting" and R1Soft license costs as little as $5 a month.
Installation is easy, and the cPanel plugin as well as the GUI is simply awesome.

cPanel/WHM's in-built backup is great, and you can with relative ease restore it.
The option to backup to Amazon is also good - and really affordable.

However - if you have root access - I'd highly suggest using R1Soft - the backup procedure is much easier. You can also backup as frequently as 5 minutes (although 15 minutes is the minimum I'd recommend). You can easily get a cheap storage VPS, and "renting" and R1Soft license costs as little as $5 a month.
Installation is easy, and the cPanel plugin as well as the GUI is simply awesome.

Can you recommend any good places to rent a license?

banners
Back