The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Best Traffic Source?

I'm Bias, but we mainly do pop and push and do media buy on those formats and got quite awesome results throughout time!

Following below are the best Traffic Sources to get more & more traffic:-
Improvisation of On-Page SEO Activities
Targeting & Researching New Keywords
Optimizing Content with Long-Tail Keywords
Research Competitors' Keywords
Posting Guest Posts
Do Link Building Processes
Share Content on Social Media Channels
Make Video Content
Add Social Share Buttons
Insert Link Internally
Keep up-to-date Content
Do Email Marketing
Create a YouTube Channel, etc.

Every source has its own pros and cons, depends on the aim and resources. If it is facebook - that is a really big ROI, especially for Nutra offers, but a continuous headache with accounts, cloaking, and payments. If you have enough time - then it worth it. If you are for smth more stable and ROI about 70-80 - then you should consider native networks

Interesting, is the ROI of 70-80 scaleable in your opinion? Could you in theory spend 40k a day on Native and make a 70% return on that? Or does optimization break at those (or higher) numbers?

My own list is obviously first.
Social networks are second (not paid ads, but I also have 30k linkedin connections, 5k fb connections, 5k apsense connections etc. etc. etc.)
Affiliates would be third (I am an affiliate marketer but I am also a cooperative marketer so I own a few sites of my own.)
Then would be VMs/TEs (as a cooperative marketer, I have the help of 1000s of people promoting for me and me for them so I don't have to sit around doing tedious tasks like clicking all day.)
Finally I will say paid ads. (I am not going into details about how I do my paid ads or where.)

The one that makes you money ...
These *best* of threads are a joke.
Earned traffic makes the best money -- earned on your merits or positioning.

Here’s the full list of the different category types of affiliate marketing Traffic Sources!

1. Adult Traffic
  2. Mobile Traffic
  3. Search Traffic
  4. Social Traffic
  5. Native Ads
  6. PPV Traffic
  7. Mainstream Traffic
  8. URL Shortening Tools

Hi Coreyz,
I take care of Cloudways affiliate program. So we interact with lots of retailers/ affiliates on daily basis. In our managed hosting industry, i believe PPC and display Ads are the best one. We have performance marketers who are getting 45% sign-up to conversion rate. We help affiliates in optimizing their campaigns. I was recently discussing with one of them and they incur $7 per click cost. Therefore it is very important to create each campaign very carefully. I think geolocation and sales profiles are 2 crucial things which helps a lot. Lets say, one affiliate has PPC campaign in overall North America, whereas the other one has targeted being focusing on previous data and history and this one focuses around Oklahoma and Houston. This affiliate further fine tunes campaigns by refining profiles, like focusing only SMBs and eCommerce and dropshipping. Just imagine, how much these activities can save. And you know, this build trust between merchant and retailer and affiliates increases daily spending hence contributing to more sales.

Majority of my income comes from youtube .I think the best converting traffic source its youtube as people are more enticed to video over text .Around 80 percent of affiliate offers have a video on their sale page ,this should tell you something

Paid traffic definitely the fastest way to get traffic, but depends on your offer also, the price point and target customer.

Ultimately comes back to what is going on in the customer's mind, their intent and what they want.

For me, it's Youtube. I think YouTube is the best place to get traffic. Cos with youtube, you get to rank your videos in Google search too. You can also share your videos other social media sites

It is always best to diversify your sources of traffic and the most important thing is to come up with a monthly budget, do you proper accounting, and never take unnecessary risk, I would also say that doing due diligence on anybody you a bone to work with is the most important thing to avoid headaches. Don’t be afraid to push and shove to get somebody to pay you on time

I think a mix between different traffic sources is the best traffic.
Getting some free traffic through SEO and social media mixed with paid traffic like Facebook and Google is great.
I don't think focusing too much on only one traffic source is a mistake

Freeway to do so is to go on Social Media. Join Advertisement Groups where you can promote your Website and use your godlike marketing skills when promoting. Look for famous pages that do Promotion.

For the paid source I suggest PropellerAds! I'm an SEO Executive and two of my customers are using PropellerAds as their traffic source.

Last edited by a moderator:
banners
Back