The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

beginning affiliate, could use some help, Hi. Which CPA, which advertiser ?

Modi100

affiliate
Hi, I am from London, England, working in in China as an English Teacher, just found out that as i reach 60 years old next year, i will likely be denied further work visas in China and so i want to prepare an alternate income.
I have started to research but there are so many marketing systems available and within that so many products and systems to choose from, I have come here to hopefully find some help from people with more experience than me.
I was thinking about affiliate ship and generating sales, either a high ticket item or perhaps some kind of monthly paid membership where i can earn monthly commissions from a single customer but i am finding myself drawn to CPA ( clicks per action ) I expect to spend the next several days reading to learn my way through all this.
That being said, at the moment i expect to begin with CPA.
I have to choose a a good CPA network and a good place to advertise for those lead clicks, not found anything on google yet but i have only just started.
I would be grateful if anyone could give me a nudge in the right direction please.
I hope that the CPA network will provide most of the stuff i need to get started like a funnel, banners etc.
Thanks for reading my introduction.
Modi

Hi Modi and welcome, I am inspired by your choice to start something new at your age :)
As an affiliate your job is to connect products to customers so I would suggest you choose a product or a type of customer you already know and concentrate on connecting it.
Some companies provide you with a campaign while others require you to be more creative, just keep looking for that product that will catch your attention it is definitely out there!

Good luck and you are welcome to contact me if you need any help :)

WELCOME ...
thumbsup.png

Well, you are only as old as your body is (hopefully holding up ok). I am around your age and still trying new things out. Age is really not a barrier in ecommerce, CPA Affiliate and online endeavors in general. Stamina is an issue at times but this can be mitigated with life-experience wisdom ;) Focus matters and less lifestyle turmoil helps.

Right now I am appraising the viability of an import business (hard goods) and a marketplace retail selling with a dropshipping service to liquidate unsold inventory -- not your typical CPA stuff.

With this knowledge in hand you have to build out your own business strategy.
Find your own offers/or products IMO.

Too many inexperienced people think you can copycat your way to the top -- that is a tactic that will work but probably just marginally.

Take a good idea and disrupt its market -- I think this is a better approach but it requires effort and cleverness. Take old proven methods and make some contemporary change.

Finding the *right* product or service is sort of an oblique quest. I look for *eureka* moments. Check Google Trends and compare search affinity for the offers/products/services that you are considering. Find *sleepers* or trending items of interest.

Personally, I like evergreen offers with repeat sales to customers -- if you want a retirement income strategy out of this I think that should be your goal.

One disadvantage with age and wisdom is that your days are numbered and you don't have time to be constantly starting over and over with one shot deals.

Hello Modi100. Welcome to AffiliateFix Forum.

To get yourself started, go through all the guides posted on this forum, all the case studies and all the journals and success stories. That will give you some kind of motivation how people have started from zero here and is still growing.

Check these forums:-
What is Affiliate Marketing? (START HERE)
Follow Alongs and Online Journeys
Guides, Case Studies and Tutorials
Success Stories and Bragging

If you have any queries, don't forget to ask it here Newbie Helpdesk

Once again welcome aboard and looking forward to see more of your posts. Have a nice stay and enjoy the forum. I am sure you will fall in love with this community as everybody does.

Have a nice day :):affiliatefix:
regards
Soul

I did not want to do blogging, i think it takes too much time and effort, i want to keep it simple, cheap, quick, sell other peoples products, but i have one thing that might be of value but it will cost me $850 so i need advice if it is worth doing or not. I have the money but i can't afford to waste it.
I am 59 now from London England, in my youth i volunteered and served in the Israeli army, i served in the same unit that performed the rescue of jews from terrorists and idi amin in uganda, in the Entebbe airport July 4th 1976, i served in that unit a few years after this operation and saw action in the first Lebanon war in 1981 to 1983, in a unit called Golani, i have a few pictures.
I thought that this rather unique experience might have some value in a book, unfortunately I have waited too long, nearly 40 years and most of my stories are mostly forgotten but i have the idea of employing a ghost writer to help me write it and then fill in the gaps with some creativity, hopefully, as we progress i will remember more details that will allow me to further fill out and improve the story.
could this be something of value in marketing, sell some copies, add some links that could make me money ?
I have communicated with an american company that has a team of writers that can accomplish this for $850.
Due to the expense, i need some advice if i should do this or not.
Thank you

I am making a plan, Once i get this book written, i might quit my job in china and change to online work which pays about $20 to $25 per hour, pursue some kind of affiliate marketing but my main idea is to create a youtube channel, related to Israel, which is greatly supported by America and many countries, make videos of things related to biblical, historical, military, perhaps daily life, current events, even if i dont have knowledge about them, i can quickly read up and say something on video, i am not shy, i am a teacher, i speak in front of people every day, i used to be a sales man, i am good at talking. once i fnish this book, i can certainly promote it and a good following would likely buy it from me, i am told it could sell for around $25 to $30 per copy plus whatever else i care to link to.
it will even be promoted, at least organically on amazon and be available in soft and hardback. i am finding this idea to be quite exciting.
Am i wasting my time, making a mistake, should i forget about it, keep my job and just try to be an affiliate marketer? i really need some feedback on this before i make a big change to my life.

I am thinking that i can't just quit my job and run to Israel, at least not anytime soon so how can i monetize my book ?
I am using a ghost writer for the book, it will cost $850 unless i do anything extra.

Last edited:
Hi,

Welcome to the Forum
It Sounds Like You Are Going
With A Physical Book, Right?

I Know of A lot Of Im'ers
That Do Kindles After a Physical Book
I Don't Know If The Freelance Sites
Like Freelancer and Fiverr Do These Things

As Far As Getting Started In The Affiliate Business
Alot Of Im'ers Have Gotten Started With Clickbank
That is how I Got Started
There are Lots of Videos On Youtube That Teach this
Clickbank Has A Few Residual Products
Go With Your Gut Though

If You Feel A Cpa Network Can Help
That is cool
You Can Use Fiver To
Have A Freelancer Set Up
A Blog For You, The Main Thing is
Traffic, You'll Want Traffic To Your Offer
Social Media Is Good Starting Out

I Wish You Luck
I Believe You Are On The Right Track!:)

The book will be both physical and digital, i have qualms about the cost of $850 for the ghostwriting but i also have an emotional connection to the idea and i can't write it myself, I hope that i can find a way to monetize it, not sure how yet.
been thinking about cpa's and social but they all require a website which can take time to setup, i am thinking about banner advertising as it requires no website, just use other people's and then the banner will direct the customer straight to the seller, not to me, but that still is not great, by making an intermediary stop, website, i can save many of those customers for re-use, like by requesting their emails or i can further qualify them for the best item for their needs, either way, that means a website, so if i still need a website for the best benefits, banner advertising is not necessary and i can go back to other ideas, I think that at this beginning stage, the problem I am having is that there are too many option, i love them all, they are great but choosing is difficult.
Social media seems exciting with great potential but expensive.
I enjoy having this place to air my thoughts, hope for some replies, don't need solutions, it is just nice to discuss and hear what other people think, locally, i don't have anyone i can talk to about this stuff.

i found a site called fiverr, i will get my book done for maybe just 200 or 300 dollars, cheaper than the $850 that was asked of me

MI
Back