The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Basic Search Engine Optimisation Tips

Natural link building is how your company builds Google page rank. Search engine algorithms are vastly complex and change frequently so it takes concerted effort to gain the quality and quantity of links you needs to grab top ranking. Natural link building services include:

• Identifying keywords and niches
  • Content marketing campaigns
  • Building relationships with authority sites
  • Online publicity
  • Auditing links for quality and relevance

1.Optimize your title tags
2.Create compelling meta descriptions
3.Utilize keyword-rich headings

4.Add ALT tags to your images
5.Build internal links between pages
6.Create a sitemap
7.Update your site regularly

Thanks very much to share useful information about the basis seo tips. I really like this and please tell me about the Alt tag in seo . Why it use and benefits of this tag in website.

I have been asked to take a look at about two sites today and give basic Search Engine Optimisation Tips. I though a post giving top ten optimisation tips will be useful..... Other experienced SEO consultants are welcomed to add their suggestions:

1. Use Meta tags correctly; here is a basic skeleton of the minimum aspect of meta tags you should complete:

Title:
Description:
Keywords:
1a.
Ensure you use the main keywords you are targeting in all three aspects of the Meta tags.

2. Right at the beginning of your page, as soon as possible use the keywords you are targeting again using tag, lets you are targeting the word "forums" try something like this:
Forums by Temi are the best damn forum on the net
3. The two sites I had a look at today, use image navigation, this is not bad BUT if your navigation is text based, its even better.
If you must use image-based navigation use Alt Attribute rather than alt tag, if you use images then adding the alt attribute is a waste of time (from an SEO point of view but not a usability one), unless the image is a link. If the image is a link then the alt attr text becomes the anchor text. (Thanks to OWG for correcting this).
use alt tags to optimise each navigation item.
4. Use the keywords you are targeting "Naturally" in your text, do NOT over use it.
5. Try and valid you HTML tags and eliminate any errors
6. Have a site map, list all the pages on your site on the site map and have a direct link to the site map from the homepage.
7. Have a link to all your important pages and sub folders from the navigation menu.
8. Have a robots.txt file in on your site and edit it correctly.
9. Crate a favicon for your site (FF expects a favicon, if you do not have a favicon you will see error lot to that effect when FF users access your website.
10. Test your website for accessibility (there is an EU law that makes basic accessibility part of website this day, in addition to complying with that law, there are basic SEO brownie points to be gain from using alt tag etc correctly.
I have been asked to take a look at about two sites today and give basic Search Engine Optimisation Tips. I though a post giving top ten optimisation tips will be useful..... Other experienced SEO consultants are welcomed to add their suggestions:

1. Use Meta tags correctly; here is a basic skeleton of the minimum aspect of meta tags you should complete:

Title:
Description:
Keywords:
1a.
Ensure you use the main keywords you are targeting in all three aspects of the Meta tags.

2. Right at the beginning of your page, as soon as possible use the keywords you are targeting again using tag, lets you are targeting the word "forums" try something like this:
Forums by Temi are the best damn forum on the net
3. The two sites I had a look at today, use image navigation, this is not bad BUT if your navigation is text based, its even better.
If you must use image-based navigation use Alt Attribute rather than alt tag, if you use images then adding the alt attribute is a waste of time (from an SEO point of view but not a usability one), unless the image is a link. If the image is a link then the alt attr text becomes the anchor text. (Thanks to OWG for correcting this).
use alt tags to optimise each navigation item.
4. Use the keywords you are targeting "Naturally" in your text, do NOT over use it.
5. Try and valid you HTML tags and eliminate any errors
6. Have a site map, list all the pages on your site on the site map and have a direct link to the site map from the homepage.
7. Have a link to all your important pages and sub folders from the navigation menu.
8. Have a robots.txt file in on your site and edit it correctly.
9. Crate a favicon for your site (FF expects a favicon, if you do not have a favicon you will see error lot to that effect when FF users access your website.
10. Test your website for accessibility (there is an EU law that makes basic accessibility part of website this day, in addition to complying with that law, there are basic SEO brownie points to be gain from using alt tag etc correctly.
very good

Writing original and honest articles about real people, real places and real things is what Google wants. Write about real human experiences because that is what real humans want to read about.

Great thread, however in regards to keywords from what I understand they're no longer used in ranking at certain search engines such as Google, which in my opinion is good. I understand that this is an old thread and things have moved on since then :)

Nowadays content is key. Search engines love Videos too from what I've been told many times.

This are some of the basic SEO Tips required for a website. Along with that some other tips like alt tag and link building for the website needs to be added up here.

Yes your points are really good . But mainly focusing on

1. website content
2. Backlinking content
3. use Social media Profiles Engagement
4. Use High Page rank Authority Websites

before to do some seo work on your website remember this question.. it will be helpful for you..
Which one is more descriptive?
Which one is catchy and friendlier to the user?
Which one gives you a very good idea of what the website is about without clicking?

MI
Back