The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Banner advertising problems

E

Eric

Hi all,

Ive been running banners for other sites quite a bit lately and am finding it to be a very nice source of revenue. I make sure that every advertiser gets a page that will give them clicks, if it does not get clicks, I do not charge. I feel I have built a good reputation in this respect but feel that I am not getting treated the same. Recently I purchased 6000 impressions but did not get a single click, and I had a very nice and catchy targeted banner. Now we have all seen these sites that will give you X amount of hits for X amount of dollars. Well I tried them once and found it to be a complete waste of money as the visits lasted less than three seconds. A new fear has come into play. What if a webmaster buys bulk untargeted traffic and sends it to a page where my banner is advertising? My banner stats show 6000 views, but I got no clicks. I think this is terrible and I can only hope this is not happening. Has anyone had any experiences with this? What can I do to make sure the traffic is not "fake"?

Thanks in advance,

Eric

:)

This depends on what are you advertising in that banner. You know that people only click on banners they are interested in. You should stop using sites that give you hits from users without taking into consideration target groups and demographic statistics.
Visits from that kind of sites last only three seconds because users are not interested in the business you have there or maybe because the don't really want to visit your site (have you thought about the fact that the sites you use coud load your address as a unwanted pop-up??)
Are the banners you keep on your site in any way related to the content of your site??

I only used a pay for traffic package once, it was quite some time ago, Ive learned it is worthless since.

I am asking about the sites I advertise on. My banners are EXTREMELY targeted and I only pay for pages that target my audience directly. What I am asking is how do I find out if the traffic that is viewing my banners is genuine. This may be impossible, but I had to ask.

MI
Back