The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Bad experience with The Performance Marketing Network - Account wrongly terminated

Does anyone know what's going on with The Performance Marketing Network?

I recently had a sale with TPMN for a health offer. It was my first sale with this CPA network. Then on the same day, they sent me an email saying that my account has been terminated for fraud. They also said in the email "Then we were notified a few hours later by the advertiser telling us the sale you sent was fraud.

The only traffic source I used to promote the offer was Microsoft Advertising, promoting it to the United States. So the accusation of fraud is baffling.

I sent an email to TPMN support to try to resolve the issue. It gets even more bizarre. They sent me an email back saying;

"Nice Try. We see your Proxy/VPN as well.
Your account is terminated."

I've never used any proxy or VPN. And I only used PPC traffic to promote the offer.

I was using tracking. So I have screenshots of the tracking which show the sale.

Has anyone had such an experience with TPMN? I don't want to promote their offers from now on after this experience, but I've heard that getting banned from a CPA network can affect getting approved by other CPA networks.

Well, what is the IP used in the 'accused' fraud.
Doesn't make much sense as presented at all.
** Microsoft ads has the IP if you don't (if they will give it up?)
Is it worth the bother to get involved in disputing the matter?
I know from my own experience that I was able a few years ago to click on AdWords and Bing Ads with my VPN tunnel on a datacenter server I control --the IP is assigned to a server farm wtf-lolz
I didn't try to purchase with a stolen credit card number so IDK.

If you only got 1 sale you probably didn't make any money (@_@) and if they are screwing you --they made very little money.

Well, what is the IP used in the 'accused' fraud.
Doesn't make much sense as presented at all.
** Microsoft ads has the IP if you don't (if they will give it up?)
Is it worth the bother to get involved in disputing the matter?
I know from my own experience that I was able a few years ago to click on AdWords and Bing Ads with my VPN tunnel on a datacenter server I control --the IP is assigned to a server farm wtf-lolz
I didn't try to purchase with a stolen credit card number so IDK.

If you only got 1 sale you probably didn't make any money (@_@) and if they are screwing you --they made very little money.

I had a look at my tracking. It shows that the sale came from the IP 24.185.140.50 and the referrer domain is yahoo.com

The main reason I wanted to dispute it is because from reading e-books, etc.. about CPA I've heard that getting banned from a CPA network can affect getting approved for other CPA networks. Is that true?

JSON:
~/ipinfo/ipinfo.sh
Pls enter your ip:
[{
"ip": "24.185.140.50",
"hostname": "ool-18b98c32.dyn.optonline.net",
"city": "Lodi",
"region": "New Jersey",
"country": "US",
"loc": "40.8823,-74.0832",
"org": "AS6128 Cablevision Systems Corp.",
"postal": "07644",
"timezone": "America/New_York",
"readme": "https://ipinfo.io/missingauth"
},
{
"status": "ok",
"24.185.140.50": {
"proxy": "no",
"type": "Residential"
}
}]

on the surface that's not a proxy

cross banning IDK there is a 'blacklist'? Doubt it

I do know from processing a lot of transactions that payment processors use bad lists for credit cards --that may be the real reason. Not necessarily a stole card but a hi risk card with a chargeback history.

The Performance Marketing Network

Well, I haven't learned of anyone else that uses them. Their site is a bit sparse and have absolutely no real presence on Google.

I've heard that getting banned from a CPA network can affect getting approved by other CPA networks.

True, if they learn about it and the only way for that to happen generally is if you tell them you were signed up with them.

they sent me an email saying that my account has been terminated for fraud

Is it possible that your landing page is the culprit? If you ripped your lander from somewhere and did not clean the code, it may have resulted in such a ban.

The networks are on high alert for fraud these days and this has been the case for a few years now. The volume of fraud out there is immense! This is why i tell everyone to build a "killer" relationship with their assigned account manager before and while launching your first campaigns with them. This helps to prevent wrongful account terminations.

Account terminations are abundant these days and many are terminating accounts for innocent mistakes and with no verifications of inappropriate practices or real violations. The networks are trigger happy and this results in real wrongful terminations. For every wrongful termination there are hundreds that get dumped legitimately.

Best thing to do is move on to another network and be certain you immediately start building a strong long term relationship with your assigned account manager.

Is it possible that your landing page is the culprit? If you ripped your lander from somewhere and did not clean the code, it may have resulted in such a ban.

I didn't use a landing page. I was direct linking. I read the offer terms on TPMN before promoting the offer and there was no mention that direct linking isn't allowed.

The only other thing I can think of is brand or keyword restriction for search PPC.

Oh yeah, I completely ran passed that one. That's a big one. However, they have claimed his conversion was fraud and trying to claim it was linked back to him through a proxy and/or VPN.

The only other thing I can think of is brand or keyword restriction for search PPC.

I told someone today that I would not use their name in any banners or other creatives used in my display ads, that I pay for, unless the brand paid 1/2 of the advertising cost. I don't build brand name recognition in brand names I don't own --exception being if the brand offers to pay.

Sword cuts both ways.

Someone on Affpaying said in their review they had their TPMN account banned after the advertiser changed their terms for brand bidding.

Before I promoted any offers, I contacted TPMN support to ask about brand bidding and they said that if the offer restrictions do not mention no brand bidding then the offer allows brand bidding. However, I noticed that there were offers on TPMN such as Exipure that don't allow brand bidding, but had no such thing mentioned in the offer restrictions.

I told someone today that I would not use their name in any banners or other creatives used in my display ads, that I pay for, unless the brand paid 1/2 of the advertising cost. I don't build brand name recognition in brand names I don't own --exception being if the brand offers to pay.

Sword cuts both ways.

MI
Back