The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Bad Conversions? When to Give up on a Product?

profitvehicle

Linda what about when you get to brand the product. When can you expect a sale. I started not to long ago and am awaiting a sale. Can it be the product??

Sorry I didnt understand.

Well if you just have it sitting on a page getting natural search traffic
it won't hurt to leave it.

If you are paying for or working to drive traffic to this product
its hard to say - how bad do you want it? How targeted is your traffic?
Are there any leaks on the merchant page? Is the tracking working?

Impossible to say why you havent made a sale. Could be on your end which you could tweak, test and improve. If it's on the merchant end nothing you can do.

2,000 hits (visits not hits right>?>>) should be plenty to test.
Depending on the product and many other things, conversions should ideally
be 1 sale for every 100 - 200 visits minimum. Many times conversions can be much higher than that.

Can You Explain Leaks??

I am writing a book right now that could nhance my sales, would you agree??

It will go along with my product nicely.

Leaks - there are a variety of things to look for.

When on the merchants site or sales page there is an 800 where people could order by phone and then don't get commission for that sale.

Or if the merchant has Adsense or other ads. You send traffic but they LEAK off the merchant page through Adsense and they make money from your traffic but you don't make a dime.

Or the Clickbank tracking is set up through their CART but they also have a button for people to buy through Paypal or Google Checkout and tracking is not set up on those 2 payment options so you lose sales that way.

Those are a few things to look at.

2,000 hits (visits not hits right>?>>) should be plenty to test.
Depending on the product and many other things, conversions should ideally
be 1 sale for every 100 - 200 visits minimum. Many times conversions can be much higher than that.

Wow, I agree that 2000 hits should be quite a good test. I'll often go between 100 and 500, depending on the product, it's cost, niche, etc., and if I haven't made so much as one sale, it's time to either drop the product or try a different approach, such as a revised sales page, a landing page -- something. Because obviously this product isn't appealing to people enough to make them turn over that charge card number and BUY IT ALREADY! :p

How long have you been promoting this product and what types of promo are you using?

banners
Back