The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Backlinking

Blog commenting is most effective (one way link) but pay attention on dofolow and nofollow links, dont post comments on nofollow blogs.

Well, if you are try to get SEO advantage then go with DoFollow else there's no wrong with NoFollow bogs as long as they have good traffic such blog comments helps you for Brand Promotion.

I also agree posting comment on blogs is the best way to create back links and have to target specific keywords in all the major search engines like Google,Yahoo and Bing.

HelpMeAffiliate

In order to build quality backlinks that are recognized by search engines, you need to incorporate anchor text into them. The anchor text is nothing but the text that has your link. The importance of anchor text has been defined by many SEO experts, since Google gives a lot of weight to a link that?s binded within this text. An example would be: if your target keyword happens to be ?free widgets? then that?s what should be in the anchor text of the link. Its not recommended to use your company name as anchor text. However, you must be aware of the kind of keywords you insert as well ? they need to be relevant to your link. If you use keywords that are not relevant to your site, you may lose Google rankings. Now you have the information you need to go out there and build high-quality, rank-building links.

HelpMeAffiliate

Even if plenty of backlinks come to your site the natural way, additional quality backlinks are always welcome and the time you spend building them is not wasted. Among the acceptable ways of building quality backlinks are getting listed in directories, posting in forums, blogs and article directories.

It's great to see so many 'for' value-adding Blog Commenting.. part of my strategy.

In the end, for me, it seems nothing beats just creating high quality content, tools, communities, products and/or services that people link to, reference or write reviews for naturally. And in the process your highlighting and drawing attention to that content through continuous use of social media channels, bookmarking and other things mentioned in this thread - building relationships and awareness of what you are doing.

Be relentless and have depth in your strategy - there isn't a one size fits all or a single strategy that is better than the rest in every situation or market.

Search engines often use the number of backlinks that a website has as one of the most important factors for determining that website's search engine ranking.

Blog commenting isn't the most successful way if most of them have nofollow on their blogs. The good thing about forums is you can get a good bit of traffic back from them also, but don't think they are the best for SEO as posts and links get buried amongst thousands of other threads.

Directories are alright for SEO, but then Google doesn't see them as much authority plus you don't get any or much traffic from them.

What I work with is mainly traffic, at the end of the day, while I'm aiming for traffic, as long as my site looks good and offers a good service, the people/traffic will automatically want to link to or write about my site.

The best five ways to build backlinks are

1. Directory Submission.
2. Social Bookmarking sites.
3. Forum signatures.
4. Leave comments on other people blog. Make sure you pick high pr blog.
5. Have quality content.

I think we should combine all the media: blog, forum, social media, & directories.
As far as I know social media/social bookmark can generate high traffic.
Digg, stumbleupon, delicious will send traffic if you have a good content.

What do you feel the best backlinking technique would be? Are forums the most efficient way? Or directories?

search the target keyword on the google, see which sites are on the top of google search engine, contact the webmaster, pay some money for him to let your URL on his website or make a links exchange. This is the most efficient way to improve the rank.I tried before, one link, one month only, made the own site on google first page when search the keyword.

Forums are great, Blogs are good too, however I only look for dofollow blogs. Because if their all nofollow like wordpress by default then it's not helping you get a better pagerank.

however I only look for dofollow blogs. Because if their all nofollow like wordpress by default

Are you sure? Have you used WordPress recently? I know there was a time when WP links were nofollow by default but I'm pretty sure that's not true. My blogs are dofollow and I don't think I did anything special to make them that way (not that I can recall anyway).

The timeliness of blogs make them a great advantage in my mind, usually you can make a post to your blog and its up right then. Article sites are taking longer and longer to approve and post. Also noting comments to most sites are now going thru approval and taking longer.

I would go with Blog Comments and Forums, as far as we do not make them Spammy. Though, now a days we could not find "dofollow" blogs, its still matters on giving weight age to the Anchor text we use in building links.

backlinks are always good, because even if they do have no follow, you still get traffic. You win either way.

MI
Back