The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

ASP.NET Hosting?

Vinaya.Ghimire

I understand shared hosting, dedicated hosting, cloud hosting, VPS hosting, however, ASP.Net hosting is relatively a new term for me. Can anyone explain to me what is ASP.net hosting and how it works? Is it better that shared hosting?

Well, ASP.net are protocols. They are specific set of controls and protocols. I've never used them, I've never had call to. I believe it is a Microsoft thing.

Hi Vinaya,

ASP.net is a Microsoft support component and comes only on Windows servers. If you look at the difference between both of them then there is not much of them that you would find. If you have a Shared hosting account and the ASP support is not enabled for your account, then it a plain windows hosting. If you have ASP functionality enabled on your hosting account, then you are on a ASP Hosting. Its just a kind of enabling a feature ASP on your Windows based hosting server.

Microsoft ASP.NET allows developers to create dynamic feature-rich web applications. ASP.NET can be used to create anything from small, personal websites through to large, enterprise-class web applications.

Regards
StormInternet UK:)

Thank you very much for the details. I have a shared hosting and I will check whether ASP support is enabled or not. I also have little confusion, how different is ASP.NET from Linux hosting?

Hi Vinaya,

In Linux you cannot use or host any ASP classic or ASP.net applications and site. As stated in earlier response, you'll get ASP functionality only on Windows server and not on Linux server.
Linux does not support ASP due to compatibility issues of the OS. Hence, there is vast difference in both of them.

Also, to check if your hosting company enabled ASP for you is to simply test your URL like domainname/test.aspx this way you would come to know if ASP is enabled.
If you need ASP hosting along with support for ASP functionalities like ASP Classic, ASP.net, MVC, etc you can go to our UK site StormInternet and raise this issue along with the package of your choice.

Regards
StormInternet UK:)

Using the right type of web site hosting service is so serious to your success.

Look at your current usage and double it at least, triple is even better because coming half way through the month and running out of bandwidth is probable the worst thing you can do for your website, your users will probable desert you, if they see it isn’t online for a day or two.

Try to gather as many reviews about its web hosting services (both positive and negative) and serve these as basis in choosing web host providers.

banners
Back