The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Gold As a Newbie, What Stops You From Getting Started

The biggest thing that's holding me back from purchasing a domain and starting is that I want to be profitable but I also want to be authentic. I feel like in order for me to be authentic and do product reviews, I actually have to purchase the product and give hands on reviews. I look at others within my possibly chosen niche giving unboxing reviews on YouTube, I can't compete with that nor can I afford that. My research based reviews where I look at 1 star 3 star 5 star reviews and pretend I know what I am talking about aren't going to cut it in my opinion. It's an insecurity/integrity problem.

The biggest thing that's holding me back from purchasing a domain and starting is that I want to be profitable but I also want to be authentic. I feel like in order for me to be authentic and do product reviews, I actually have to purchase the product and give hands on reviews. I look at others within my possibly chosen niche giving unboxing reviews on YouTube, I can't compete with that nor can I afford that. My research based reviews where I look at 1 star 3 star 5 star reviews and pretend I know what I am talking about aren't going to cut it in my opinion. It's an insecurity/integrity problem.

Okay, you have a few dilemmas' here to smooth out. First of all, please understand that doing affiliate stuff with the reviews model is typically not where a newbie begins due to the mindset that eventually occurs from planning it. You have entered this mindset. Marketing is not the result of someone sampling products. Marketing is the process of bringing a specific action by a person you have attracted to your means of marketing. Now, of course, this can be doing reviews, but as you have noted, it causes you to think about how to provide that which you cannot provide, an honest first hand review. More on this at a later time.

What I recommend for you, and any newbie, is to start small and simple. This is due to y9our needing to learn the basics of our business before expanding into more comprehensive and demanding models. I highly recommend you decide to promote offers first, rather than products. Promoting offers will give you the much required experience needed to learn working with an affiliate network, working with various traffic sources, and learning to make your tracker your best friend. This is a form of affiliate marketing makes you a publisher. As a publisher you will find offers to promote and research the competitors currently succeeding with the offers and learn to mimic their funnels. You will learn to work with a variety of traffic sources and to develop the skill of refining the traffic, targeting the traffic, and blocking bad traffic. You will put your tracker to work and make it your best friend. you see, this is actually a data business. Your every effort comes with reports that tells you what is working, where it works, why it works, what traffic works, what demographics are responsive and successful, etc., etc., etc.

I recommend working with affiliate networks, offers, landers, intelligence platforms, trackers, and a variety of traffic sources before doing any affiliate programs where you are dedicating a site to reviews. Learning to be a publisher will give you a set of developed skills that will give you some credentials for applying to affiliate programs. Affiliate programs and affiliate networks are not the same animals.

Hello TJ Tutor!

Thank you for starting this thread.

I have been facing lot of hurdles trying to start my own affiliate marketing business. But if I have to list a few of them, then they would be as follows:

1. Information Overload.

Some say Free Marketing On Social Media takes time but it works and some say "CPC (Cost-Per-Click) Paid Advertising On Google Ads is the Best Option In The World! To start getting sales right away.

2. Not Very Good with Website Building. I've been told that we absolutely need a working Website for selling affiliate marketing products. Just generating links on ClickB or DigiStor or Any other affiliate marketing network is not enough. But I have no idea to promote my affiliate links.

3. Lack Of a good / honest / sincere tutor.

Honestly I don't know where I can learn and successfully start my own business online.

4. I'm part time mom part time worker. So my income is limited.

Thank you once again

Em

Hello and welcome!

If you read through this thread (yes, I know it's getting lengthy - but full of gems ;) ) but I'll just try to briefly address what you've asked.

1. Information Overload.

Some say Free Marketing On Social Media takes time but it works and some say "CPC (Cost-Per-Click) Paid Advertising On Google Ads is the Best Option In The World! To start getting sales right away.
First of all, what works for one person may not work for another. Also, it depends on what you're promoting and where your target audience is found. You can find posts about demographics, targeting, tracking and testing but that's not where you're at yet.

2. Not Very Good with Website Building. I've been told that we absolutely need a working Website for selling affiliate marketing products. Just generating links on ClickB or DigiStor or Any other affiliate marketing network is not enough. But I have no idea to promote my affiliate links.
You can either learn how to build a reasonably decent website or use website builders, or you can hire someone to do that for you. You don't always need a website, again, depends on what you're promoting. Direct or third-party products are good candidates for a website. If you're promoting affiliate links via an affiliate network, it may not be necessary as you can use other methods such as paid ads (or social) to promote them, as most affiliates do.

3. Lack Of a good / honest / sincere tutor.
You don't need one, you've got AffiliateFix. Think of this as your mentor and tutor. And it's free.

Honestly I don't know where I can learn and successfully start my own business online.
I do. Right here. :D

I strongly recommend that you start with the WIKI. Sounds like you could really use it. It'll give so much starter information including terminology, definitions, starter info, etc. All the basics. You need to know them so you can focus on your starting point and decide which direction you want to head.

You can do this, many many others have. It just takes some learning, dedication and a good mindset. You'll make missteps that'll help you learn, everyone does. You'll also have questions as you go and we're here to provide answers, guidance and moral support, so never hesitate to ask.

4. I'm part time mom part time worker. So my income is limited.
Like I said, your learning opportunities here are free. Plus, you'll make some new friends. :)

Lots of people start out part time while working and raising a family. You just do what you can as often as you can. Effort + dedication can take you far.

Like I said, your learning opportunities here are free. Plus, you'll make some new friends. :)

It's soooooooo good to see you girl!
200.gif

If I could pick one thing that held me back it would be self-discipline.
Being self-employed needs a huge amount of self-discipline, more so in the beginning when the money isn't coming in.
You gotta be stubborn as an ox, believe in yourself, and just keep going at it.
I second this
Affiliate marketing is actually very easy and simple
Discipline is the key

Hello and welcome!

If you read through this thread (yes, I know it's getting lengthy - but full of gems ;) ) but I'll just try to briefly address what you've asked.

That is very kind of you Azgold! Thank you very much!
First of all, what works for one person may not work for another. Also, it depends on what you're promoting and where your target audience is found. You can find posts about demographics, targeting, tracking and testing but that's not where you're at yet.

Yes Right now for me it's trial and error. I'm still trying to figure out what to sell. I'm not at the point of "how to sell" yet.

But I've got a few ideas. Mostly I read them on here and a few other blogs. Healthcare niche. Then I'll try to expand my horizon. For now going to focus on HealthCare until I get a better grasp.
You can either learn how to build a reasonably decent website or use website builders, or you can hire someone to do that for you. You don't always need a website, again, depends on what you're promoting. Direct or third-products are good candidates for a website. If you're promoting affiliate links via an affiliate network, it may not be necessary as you can use other methods such as paid ads (or social) to promote them, as most affiliates do.

Is there money in promoting affiliate links?
You don't need one, you've got AffiliateFix. Think of this as your mentor and tutor. And it's free.

Yes. That's just the icing on the cake! Thank you AffiliateFix Owners & All the contributors!
I do. Right here. :D

I strongly recommend that you start with the WIKI. Sounds like you could really use it. It'll give so much starter information including terminology, definitions, starter info, etc. All the basics. You need to know them so you can focus on your starting point and decide which direction you want to head.

Yes I read the Wiki. That was the first think I read here. But thank you again!
You can do this, many many others have. It just takes some learning, dedication and a good mindset. You'll make missteps that'll help you learn, everyone does. You'll also have questions as you go and we're here to provide answers, guidance and moral support, so never hesitate to ask.

Lots of people start out part time while working and raising a family. You just do what you can as often as you can. Effort + dedication can take you far.
Yes! One step at a time but definitely want to dedicate myself in growing in this business arena.

Thank you for your response Azgold

Thank you CJ Tutor

Appreciate your help guys

Hi @T J Tutor

If I have to list just one thing stopped me from getting started then that would be:

"Utter Lack of Absolutely-Newbie Friendly Affiliate Networks."

:( :(:(

There are many, an abundance, of newbie friendly networks. We have more than 100 newbie friendly networks, and affiliate programs, in our resources area. Newbie friendly is not the problem. The issues are mostly related to the country many are in. Many countries are not acceptable to most networks because of extreme volumes of fraud that originate from the banned countries.

The issues are mostly related to the country many are in.
That's Spot On!
Many countries are not acceptable to most networks because of extreme volumes of fraud that originate from the banned countries.
That's absolutely true!

But.... here's my dilemma. An US educated guy currently living in India, how does he prove that he's not like the rest of them?

Most Networks either block them from joining the network or don't approve the offer / program that you sign up for. It truly is hypocritical when they would like to target India because of the enormous opportunity available but as soon as it comes to shaking hands / sharing revenue, they start crying. One day Indians are going to catch-up with the double standards that are going on!
And btw this happens in every country to some extent!

Anyways, I will be focusing on the positive rather than negative as I truly believe that there are good people out there especially like NYC Hasids that I worked with! Hopefully one day I'll be invited to join the perfect network! All you need is one honest equal opportunity network!

Thank you @T J Tutor for giving us this opportunity to gather some knowledge!

Last edited:
One day Indians are going to catch-up with the double standards that are going on!

NOT TRUE, there are no double standards here. India is number 2 in the world for internet and email fraud! This is not about double standards in any way! This is about doing "smart business"! I run my businesses exactly the same way and everyone I know in the business does this. None of us can afford to do business in these countries.

Per Seccura: Top 10 Scamming Countries in the World to be aware
  1. Nigeria: Nigeria is at the top of our list of the top 10 most scamming countries in the world, with the highest rate of getting scammed.
  2. India
  3. China
  4. Brazil
  5. Pakistan
  6. Indonesia
  7. Venezuela
  8. South Africa
  9. Philippines
  10. Romania

Per Analytics Insights: TOP 10 SCAMMING COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD IN 2021
You will see the exact same findings in this article as well.

here's my dilemma. An US educated guy currently living in India, how does he prove that he's not like the rest of them?

I can't say that I have an answer for this. I know that my friends in Brazil and in Venezuela had to form corporations in the Bahamas and establish dual residency as well. It took them a couple of thousand dollars and a few months to get this established and completed.

That's absolutely true!

NOT TRUE, there are no double standards here. India is number 2 in the world for internet and email fraud!
There's no need for the quoted article I already agreed to this please look above for my own quote.

But since you already quoted an article let me say this and please don't be offended by this because I am writing this with no malice / hatred or even anger towards anyone. So, the first rule of quoting a study / analytics is that the study has to be independent / unbiased.

Btw, both the articles you quoted are exactly the same! The article you quoted is not unbiased (I had already written a long statement as to why he cannot be trusted but I am not posting it here because I don't want to be looked at doing the same thing that I am protesting: discrimination. But if you really want to know what it is then Google his last name and see which country most of them come from and then see what kind of long-standing relationship they have with India, good or bad?) And it's not even the right article as he is talking about getting scammed for taxi fare, buying diamonds, etc. So if we are talking about digital business then we should be looking at internet scams.

So here's a better article as per Current School News

The top ten internet scamming countries are

Mexico
Ukraine
Hungary
Malaysia
Colombia
Romania
Philippines
Greece
Brazil
China

The list further goes on to:

Some other countries with internet scamming fraudsters are:

Indonesia
Russia
Singapore
Nigeria
Canada
Portugal
Switzerland
United Kingdom
India
Netherlands
France
Austria

See? Canada, Switzerland, and UK are ahead of India on that list. Even France, Netherlands & Austria are on that list. Has anyone stopped doing business there?

But everyone is entitled to their own opinion! It's just that I was taught not to believe every article that you read on the internet!

Last edited:

What I see is you trying to justify your opinion as a leverage over the facts. You are beating a dead horse, as it were. You stated objections and false observations. I dispelled and proved them inconsistent with the truth. Now you are fighting to get me to buy into your justifications. You are intentionally complicating a topic unnecessarily.

Sometimes surrendering to the truth and the facts is painful and inconvenient, but you most definitely need to do that on these subjects. Let go of your personal opinions on these topics. You cannot find success with the positions you are taking.

Last edited:
justify your opinion as a leverage over the facts.
I don't see a need for beating a dead horse. What's dead stays dead.
You stated objections and false observations.
Which ones? You stated one article I stated another. I didn't assert anything about any country. That was actually your observation, not mine.
surrendering to the truth and the facts is painful and inconvenient.
I already agreed with you when you first talked about this below:
The issues are mostly related to the country many are in
I do know that India is one of the countries known for internet frauds. So, I am not in disagreement there.
Now you are fighting
I am sorry you see it that way. That is not my intention honestly!

So let's just agree to disagree!

Whether you believe it or not I have a lot of respect for you (along with others like Oliver Kenyon, azgold and even @Graybeard ) for regularly maintaining this forum. You guys have given us a chance to know HOW internet business should be conducted! And I am truly grateful for that! Thank you @T J Tutor

It's just that I was taught not to believe every article that you read on the internet!
Stay open minded but always be skeptical.
Internet fraud and affiliate fraud are not the same.
That's why you disagree --apples and oranges.
Affiliate fraud are generally small time contractual frauds; where interent frauds are not contractual (agreement) frauds (usually).

banners
Back