The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Article Marketing and SEO. The Super Advantages of Articles

jcorkern

<b>Senior Member - SEO Pro<br />Global Moderator</
Administrator
I have been meaning to write this article for a long time now but have failed to do so. There is much confusion as to how and why article marketing is so effective for seo and traffic. Well, the time has come for someone to lay it on the table for you.

Before we get into the articles we need to dispel a few myths. The first myth is that links from related sites are better than non related sites. This is part true , Each page within a site is its own entity. PR is a way to prove it as a rank is assigned to each page, not one rank for the entire site, so a link on a related page is effective. Like an article directory.

The reason I say this is because the value of a link is rated by PR of the page the link is on, notice I did not say site? Having your keyword or some of your keywords in the title and content of the page. Number of outbound links from the page and the text or keywords close to your link. This is just a few of the factors. There are many other factors like position of the link on the page.

The beauty of articles is that you control the content and the title of the page it is published on. If you go to any article directory and click on an article you will notice that the title of the page is the title of the article. Most bloggers and web-site publishers also use the same practice. So, if you write your title right you gust acquired links with your keywords in the title of the page. That just helped the power of the link. Now, if you manage to get your keywords of phrases in the content you just made it more powerfull.

This is starting to look pretty good now, Lets keep going and see if we can find some more places to find advantages of seo with articles.

The whole reason of seo is to gain targeted traffic, Right? Well, I am going to blow your mind here, Let me show you some stats from just one article.

Article id 328196 on ezinearticles.com has had 241 views, 16 publishes and emailed 1 time. And this is just 1 article in one directory. With a 1% click through ratio that is 2 clicks to the site. Not very impressive. Lets investigate a little deeper.

This article was submitted to about 100 directories and is showing about 150 times in Google. To see this get an article title and past it in a search engine and you can see how may times it is indexed by that search engine. Now with an average of 2 clicks per publish, that just brought the traffic to 300 clicks from one article.

I can write an article in about an hour, What would 300 clicks cost on adwords? Are you starting to get the picture?

Now lets start writing just 1 article a day and now we do 300 times 30. That is for 30 days in a month. Now what does your traffic look like? It still gets better. What does month 2 do, what about month 3 and so on.

Now, the page you get your article on starts as a pr0 page, what will it be in a few months, you just increased the value of the links again, plus the traffic. Then you might have some bloggers or website owners that put your article on a pr 5 page.

The entire internet marketing game is nothing but math. Keep playing the numbers and you will soon win your game.

Articles are the most effective and cost effective way to get traffic and high search engine rankings. You have to stay consistent to make it happen.

Where else can you generate that kind of traffic and links in only 30 hours a month?

Instant Article submitter is a article submission software that is about 100 bucks, but the most automated I have seen short of an article submission service. It is an investment that will pay you over and over if you really want to succeed in the online game, or use a submission service, but this cost more money per article. Article marketer is one of the cheapest submission services I have seen if you choose to use a submission service and I highly recommend them.

The facts here are un-biased because I am a retired SEO. I do not do this for hire anymore and I no longer own an SEO company.

If you want to succeed in the online marketing game, you had better make articles just as regular as your fluid intake. You are doomed to have a weak business without articles.

You say you are doing well now? How would another 15 to 20 k uniques a month help your bottom line?

It does not happen over night, but by month 2 you will start seeing a good increase in traffic and links and you know the traffic is targeted and the links are quality and are only going to get stronger.

Hi jcorkern,

Nice post. I think you sold me on starting to write articles. I was wondering about submitting the one article to 100 different sites. Do you change the article at all or is it the exact same article those 100 times? If it is the exact same, does it cause problems to have the exact content on multiple sites? I ask because the content will not be unique and I understand that can be a problem.

Thanks.

Duplicate content is not understood either

here is a link to anothyer article i wrote about duplicat content. Notice the PR of the page!

Are you being Duped by the Duplicate content theory and other SEO theories?

Go to any article directory, take the title of the article and paste it in a search bar. See how many results you get. !!!! If google indexex it 200 times i am sure that they are not worried about it. Read the article and it will help you understand.

There is a lot of mis-information on the net about seo

Hope this helps.

Writing good articles has long been an excellent way to get a leg-up on marketing.

I found a service last week that I am using to distribute articles that I write.

Anyhow, my question is about all of the sites that are created with the article spinners. ie: Take one article and spin 200 - 300 or more articles.

Then take the articles and create a website with 100's of pages. The obvious 1st response is; "The 100's of pages are filled with junk and not unique & original articles." Quite possibly so. But not necessarily. :)

Ok, back to the issue at hand. Say for example, I have 500 "Unique & Original" articles that are LSI themed. Let's also assume that I ran each article through a "Dupe Checker" and they checked out as being > 85% original.

I then built a site of 500 pages with those 500 "Unique & Original" articles to end up with a very large site of 500 pages. The site also has good linking and a site map.

The site is an information site that has scads of affiliate links to click. ;)

It would seem to me that if I ftp'd all of the pages to my host over a period of a couple of days I would be stepping in a deep pile of doo-doo with google. I've read somewhere that google considers creating a large site over night as spamming.

If that is the case, then how are all of these large sites created. :confused:

Totally Confused
RT...

I agree that all articles need to be written from scratch. This is a must. There are no shortcuts to writing an article. If you can not or do not like writing articles you need a ghostwriter.

As far as large sites, the only ones that really have a chance of getting in trouble is sites that put out massive amounts of pages. I am talking thousands of pages a day, a 500 page site that is new does not have enough link popularity (PR) to get spidered that deep anyway. Google only spiders all pages of a website once it gets some links to it. Its algorithm is set up that way so it does not keep a bunch of content in its index that no one will ever see.

Once people start linking to it, it figures that the site will start getting visitors and will index the site deeper. That is why it is called link popularity. Googles algo assumes and is set up to consider a site popular by how many links it has pointing to it from other sites in relation to its targeted subject.

So a site for Mexia Real Estate, (The town where Anna Nicole Smith is from) will be considered a popular site with just 2 to 3 hundred links, where a site that is targeting dallas real estate would not even get a PR2 or get fully indexed because it takes of 2 k links to even have a remote chance to get close to the top 10.

Googles algorithm is very complex, But has some reasoning to it(The engineers had reason) of course the search engine only does what it is programed to do.

But back to the articles. If you put trash in, you get trash out!

By the way, I am back in the seo business, Someone seen the post, emailed me and hired me as the lead seo for their online marketing company.

See the power of articles?!

I have tons of articles on my site due to the nature of it, but there just isn't time to be submitting to all those article directories. Submission tools...yes, but there are so many and I tried 3 and they all took as much work as doing it myself.

All that fooling around setting up accounts in those article submission sites and then copying and pasting your articles and adding all the extra neccessaries -- :( Just haven't the time for all that. Anyone have any suggestions?

I understand, That is why i recomend Instant Article Submitter if you want to use software. You register 1 time and it is pretty much automated, Just like submitting to one directory, and it is loaded with about 375 directories, It will even pick the right catagory, just point it in the right direction and click send.

The other cheap option is article marketer dot com. it is only 79 bucks for 3 months and you can submit unlimited articles, and i mean unlimited, no up to 5 or 7 or 10 a day, they mean unlimited, But they are picky, you better have everything right, which is a great thing, Makes sure your articles are good!

I use both because i work on multiple sites and can rotate author bios (the links to sites) if they are in the same catagory with instant article submitter software and can get my article to hit over 500 distribution points with article marketer. this is what i use for national keywords or international keywords.

Instant article submitter is also great for varied anchor text, this helps a lot in google more than anyone.

I have tried almost every article submission company and own just about every software. I am speaking from experience.

Either way you get top quality!

Hope this helps.

WOW! You're not kidding you've got experience! Thanks for the recommendation on that software -- maybe I will check it out. I don't mind spending the money if it really helps me that much!

Next question though...if several people use the same article, does that harm ranking or credibility? That's part of this whole thing I've always been a bit confused about... Tx.

see post # 3 in this thread and go to the article that i linked to and read it, It will answer your questions.

Thank you -- missed that before (obviously, huh!). Very interesting and makes perfect sense. This is what's been troubling me about article submissions lately - all this talk of duplicating, writing different copy, etc. It just got to be more than I cared to deal with but at the same time, I kept wondering what about these article sites that offer your articles to so many -- how could you realistically (and why would you want to if it's a good article) change copy for every single person that uses it? that made no sense to me -- it's just illogical.

Off I go to check out that software -- thanks again!

Hi jcorkern,

I looked into the instant article submitter that you recommend and I'm curious about the sites it can submit to. For example, can it submit to "ezine articles", "about", and other big name article directories. Or does it only submit to sites that no one has heard of and have a PR of 0 or 1?

Thanks.

Ezine articles is one of the few not on the list. I always do that one manualy. Others like article trader and go articles is on it. There are a lot of low pr sites, but also a lot of pr3 to pr6 directories also.

I have used it to take a lot of local sites like real estate sites and carpet cleaners, local web design sites, car dealers ect... to the top with it.

I also use it for all sites when i need to vary anchor text for google (i Hope you know about this) I can send out 1 article and get as many variations as i want by rotating the authors bio box on each submission. This makes the linking look more "Natural" to google and makes it easy to get top positions.

You should always use just 1 anchor text for your top level keyword or phrase until you hit yahoos top 10, then continue to run articles and start varying the anchor text to hit the next google update.

This tool makes it easy to do this and fast.

I just checked, there are over 120 PR3 to PR 7 sites in the list. I get great results with it.

There are Other secrets that i use with articles that drive even more traffic to your website!

Hint: use the power of high PR article directories to controll the first page of Google and Yahoo!

If you think about it and read the first post, you may catch on, If not, ask and i will show you.

Hello

Thanks , that was very GOOD read indeed. Explained well so that anybody can understand it.

Thanks for sharing.

Steve

Hi,

Wonderful tips here. Thanks for sharing.

I have been writing articles regularly since last sept and I can vouch that it is the best and low cost traffic generating strategy that REALLY WORKS. In fact, Ezinearticles is my No3 traffic referrer after Google and Yahoo.

usually, I only submit my articles to my list of top 10 articles directory (all with PR 6 and above). My only question is: does submitting to a low PR article directory works? These sites have very little traffic and their articles seldom get reprinted, so does it worth the effort to submit to them?

I have found that people are creatures of habbit, people who start reading articles at a low pr site continue to read from that same site. So yes, you will get clicks from them. I use submission services, so it is not a big deal to me. and sometimes they do ger reprinted from them.

the downfall of low PR directories is because the directory is doing something wrong, this is why they have low pr.

What they do wrong is put a no-follow tag to rob the writer of the link to prevent PR bleed. Now, most seo companies (mine included) build links to their article pages. And i will not bother getting links to an article that is published on their directory if the have a no follow tag. so they are killing their own pr by trying to save pr.

But you may get some clicks anyway, i just do not make the extra effort to make sure there are a few dozen links to the article page on the directories site.

I know, you are wondering why i would build links to an article on someones directory. Well, it is simple. If i place a couple dozen links to an article, it will gain PR, and if they have a pr3 page in a directory, it will not be removed in 6 to 18 months. Would you delete a PR 3 page from your site???? Plus it give me a higher pr link that = more powerfull link for me.

and the pr 6 means nothing as far as the link you get from the article. Value of the link is calculated from the PR of the page the link is on, not the pr of the index page, so all new articles are calculated as a pr0 from the start, as that articles page grows in pr, so does the power of the link.

here is a link to anothyer article i wrote about duplicat content. Notice the PR of the page!

Are you being Duped by the Duplicate content theory and other SEO theories?

Go to any article directory, take the title of the article and paste it in a search bar. See how many results you get. !!!! If google indexex it 200 times i am sure that they are not worried about it. Read the article and it will help you understand.

There is a lot of mis-information on the net about seo

Hope this helps.

AMAZING, someone that ACTUALLY 'gets' the dupe content thing! I have had this argument with a thousand people and they all tell me I'm nuts BUT I have proven it over and over.

My point of view (based on experience)

1. All of the other content that surrounds an article on a page counts (why people can't get that I don't know) SO if you have an article on one site's layout it will NOT be counted as dupe content on another, totally different site.

2. even the code within (and directly surrounding) an article will stop the dupe content filter. I have proven this by cleaning up the garbage HTML code in 60,000+ articles. Just silly stuff like removing Front Page tags, making the code XHTML complaint (IE: removing font tags etc)

I know it, I've proven it yet people still think their is some magic wand at Google that can separate the actual article from the rest of the page .... trust me I'm a developer and the code to do what some of these people claim it does borders on artificial intelligence.

Great article!

I agree with you 100%. If people would investigate instead of assuming that the so called "gurus" are right. Then seo and all of the other scams on the net would not exist.

Duplicate content is one false claim, and if you notice the sources, they are trying to sell something, or take something out of content.

The "content is king" theory is also false! this article proves this: Without a Throne of Links-King Content Has Nowhere to Sit in the SEO Kingdom

The content is king theory was invented by copyrighters who make their living writing copy. Makes sense huh? they try to downplay links on the net, but top search engine postitons are reached by links (approx 80% of SEO is links). not content.

Content does have it's place, but is worthless without links.

I had a client that bought the "content is king" pitch (guess they were good salesmen). He waited for over a year for it to work after being promised that it would for a sum of over 12 thousand dollars! then he called me back and hired me, Within 6 months he ranked nationaly in the majors and was recouping his 12 k that he wasted.

People need to investigate before buying a lie.

The first question to ask is "who gains"? If they are putting out information and then trying to sell information without solid proof! They are scamming! Period!

Don,t buy the ebooks, dont buy the CD's, Don't pay thousands for a seminar.

Everything you need to succeed on the net is readily avaliable on the net.

I agree with you 100%. If people would investigate instead of assuming that the so called "gurus" are right. Then seo and all of the other scams on the net would not exist.

Well not only are these so-called gurus propagating this nonsense, you have people at some of the 'bigger' shall we say forums that come up with these inane ideas and people believe them for the simple fact they have a lot of posts! Makes me crazy

With all due respect, I think that article marketing is a waste of time and effort.

Too many people steal others people content and throw their own link in and once you're in an article directories Email database they spam you until the end of time with get rich quick schemes and new article directories.

Sorry if I sound a bit cynical, but this is my personal experience. Been there, done that and tried to "opt-out."

MI
Back