The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Are there any history based trackers?

bruce bates

Affiliate Manager
Affiliate Manager
Affiliate Payday
Honestly I haven't used tracker services in a long long time. I find building my own tracking gives me the information I need whereas tracker services don't or at least they didn't last time I tried them.

Its fairly common knowledge that a person doesn't take action on an ad the first time they see it. It usually takes seeing an ad multiple times before acting on it. So when I seek tracking I want a lot more details than just CTR and ROI tracking. I want to know what lead to the sale.

For example if I am running banner ads and I see someone took action and made a purchase after clicking my ad, I want to know the site they were on when they took action, how many other sites they saw my ad on, what the intervals were between seeing my ad, how many times they saw my ads, and the history that lead to the person taking action.

So I am curious if there are any trackers that provide the history leading up an action being taken or if doing my own tacking is the only way to get such details?

What I am looking for Phill would be something like as follows:

I run banners on 25 sites.
User sees my banner on 6 different sites and doesn't take action.
User see's my banner on a 7th site and takes action.
I want to know each site the visitor saw my ad on, what the time between seeing my ad on one site verse another was, and what site they actually took action on.

This is the only way I can truly create quality KPI's with real metrics. If I only know the ad from the site they took action on, I may drop the 6 other sites and my conversion rates will go down because now the same person has to see my ad 7 times on a single site before taking action.

Is this something you can offer? If not is it something you can consider in the future? It would save me an imminence amount of time and money as right now I own 4 servers that I have dedicated in a data-center and 2 of those 4 are used for nothing but storing tracking information on.

banners
Back